PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

6.28.2012

Things I wish I could do

I am all for the saying "you can do anything that you put your mind too." However, sometimes that's just a crock of crapola! No matter how hard I try, I still can't accomplish these things.

Every time I go to Zumba, I leave discouraged for one reason. I can't do the chest shimmy thing that belly dancers do. I mean I'm sure if I had bigger boobs it'd be easier to fake it!


I wish I could do this with my hair without having a temper tantrum trying



I wish I could learn to do this dance. I've tried. And failed at 99% of it. The best I can do is pretend I have swag..


I wish I could learn how to snowboard. Kurt's tried teaching me a bunch of times but I always resort back to my trusty skis!


I wish I could write a book. I know one day I might, even if it never gets published and it's just for myself, however the past few months every time I've tried, it just hasn't been able to come to me!



What do you wish you could do but struggle with?!? Happy Thursday pumpkins!

Photobucket

27 comments:

The Pink Growl said...

I love going to Zumba because it's such a good workout, but I always feel like a fool in there. And I leave looking like a hot sweaty mess.

Katie said...

Oh grrlll I'm so uncoordinated aka why I've never done Zumba :) miss you darling!

arianapia said...

after a few blood.sweat.tears i have conquered the sockbun. i will try that one with the braids.

and i've tried skiing a bunch of times and can never get it. maybe this will be the year! haha

Nobody said...

oh my gahhh - this is why i love you. always making me laugh! :)

Nobody said...

ps.. i am really glad those gangstas dusted off their shoes before they started dancing... i am SURE it would have thrown them off to have too much dirt in them.

Lindsey said...

hahahahah I love that Someecard. Omg, someecards make my life. And what I would give to be able to c-walk. I've always wanted to. Atleast you can dougie!!

Whitney Alison said...

i had to crack up at the Zumba one...I have seen some cray cray moves in that class lol.

And I see all these great hairstyles on Pinterest that I actually am capable of doing. yet my hair ends up in a ponytail. Every. Day. Oh well.

KRISTIN said...

I LOVE this! I used to c-walk all the time in college...when drunk, so pretty sure I wasn't actually c-walking at all. AND, my little sister tried to do that braid bun to my hair...she spend like an hour messing with it and it just didn't work, and she's REALLY good at hair. I think it's fake, so don't feel bad. :)

Shayna @ The Fancy Yancey said...

I'm horrible at Zumba! HAHA! I tried it once & looked like a complete fool!

Tiffany said...

I cannot zumba to save my life. I look like an absolute idiot when I try.

Kelly said...

I haven't even tried zumba because I know I will be so terrible at it. I can't shimmy and I have zero rythm. So at least you're are still getting out there and trying it! But something I wish I could do and cannot AT ALL is sing. :)

Annie and Edna

Jenn @ Peas and Crayons said...

Oh gosh... zumba got straight up VULGAR today! There were too many young male marines in class and things got out. of. hand.

I may have been worse than them though =)

love youuuuuuuu

Hilary said...

I think we need a vlog of the chest shimmy!!

Whim Wham Life said...

annnnd that's why I have never tried Zumba.

which now, sounds kinda sad. like I'm not living life fully.

Who cares what people think, I want to dance! I'll let you know how it goes:-) xoxo

Tess @ AModernSuburbanitesLife said...

I wish I could get my ass in the gym on a regular basis!

Rissy said...

HMMM I think I'd really like to be good at math... or science... ok both... because then I'd be a doctor. Oh wait, bodily functions skeeve me out.

so let's see... I'd like to be good at sports. Is running a sport? cause I'm ok at that


CarissaExplainsItAll

Virginia said...

I don't have the guts needed for Zumba yet. haha I'm pretty positive that you need to video yourself doing your dance moves that you do have for all of us to see. :)

Ashley said...

i have ALWAYS wanted to write a book. Maybe we should collaborate?! It can be one of those cool stories like in Highlights magazine where if you choose Story Line A, something cool happens and if you choose B, something else happens. I think that has "best-seller" all over it!

and girl you CAN dance. notice how I was SOO silent during our Dream Team dancing convo. haha. I have ZERO moves!!

and OMG the 'chest-shimmy' thing - that is HIlarious! I've never zumba'd but I'm fairly confident I couldn't chest shimmy either!

Love you!! Happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

I'm so with you on the Zumba thing - I haven't tried classes yet but I bought it to do at home.. Even at home with no one watching me I feel like such an idiot that I don't do it. Ugh.

I, also, hate trying to do cute new hair-dos because I am horrible at it!

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

hahaha i love the pictures of zumba! ive always wanted to try it. I wish i could write a book too! i have so much to say I just wouldnt know where to start! love your blog!

xo

Michaela said...

Okay...I bet you could do that hairstyle if you tried again! Girl...I'm guessing I would suck at the rumba thing and clearly I'm not athletic, so I'd also be rather poor at snowboarding, too. Ha! Let's see....I struggle with anything sports-related and stamina (as in, I get side cramps really easily when I run hahaa). I'm a wimp!!

Unknown said...

is that mont tremblant?! i love that place!! <3

LWLH said...

I try to do the crip walk too but I have yet to perfect it...one day.

Sabrina said...

I agree with the book,I would love to write one and have so so many ideas but I can´t really write them down...maybe one day :) What do you think about following each other?xx Melodylouise

Clara Turbay said...

you can just try1

SGRMSE. said...

now i'm just curious: what on earth is zumba??? lol. google, here i come.

Anonymous said...

Would love to go to Zumba, and yeah, I'd think I was cool doing it too, thanks God I have big boobs! lol.

As for writing a book, get yourself a pack of pens and some A4 spiral bound notebooks so you have them there ready and when the feeling strikes, start writing.

It's not so hard, I've written and self-published three novels. Just released my third last week! Official release today on my website.