PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

4.24.2012

That time I owned the ugliest car in the world

If you googled a previous car I owned, it would come up with things like

Ugliest car in the world
Ugliest car ever made
Ugliest car to ever walk the streets

I swear to y'all! It's called a Pontiac Aztek. And I owned one!



Right? Funny looking huh! But I think some of the funniest memories are made in cars. Like the time it overheated in 5pm rush hour traffic Or the time I tried to race someone off the light and the gear wouldn't switch. Or the time my dad told me it had a built in tent. Yeah...

The point of this? Well there isn't much of a point. But my friends and I constantly joke about the hideousness of this car. And if we happen to find one roaming the streets like a BOSS, we take a picture and text it to eachother. So in my iPhone library, I have about 50 photos of this untamed beast to send to my friends.




And we speak of it as if it's a rare creature in the wild. So far it's been spotted in Connecticut and Florida.



Sometimes ya gotta laugh at funny situations. Like this car that I had. I'm serious...it was fugly. But I loved it! And hey...I did finally upgrade!

Happy Random Tuesday!


Photobucket

24 comments:

Whim Wham Life said...

bah. it kinda does look like some wild jungle beast:-) hey, as long as it got you from point a to point b! at least no one would ever steal it? or maybe they would, the built in tent sounds kind of amazing! xoxo

Michelle said...

hahaha so funny!

Katie said...

hahah it is NOT as bad as an hhr. I HATE those things. I can def see you rockin it though like a BOSS. Soon you will be rocking the new upgrade to the O-H ahhhhhhhhhhh :)

Samantha said...

Hahahahaha! Oh my god, Ryan my boyfriend has a yellow Pontiac Aztec!!!!!!!! Just like the one in your picture above!!!! Hahahaha. He gets so much crap for it. We nicknamed it "The Warrior". It's funny you wrote this TODAY bc his car literally died yesterday. He is sad he has to "down grade" to a Prius.

Jamie said...

Yeah, its pretty bad :)

Amanda said...

Hahaha. Fun fact: when these were on Survivor, I thought that they were THE COOLEST! But obviously, it's just a beast ;)

Melissa said...

Hahaha. It has a built in tent? Bwhahaha. My friend had an Izuzu Amigo and I thought that was bad.

Nobody said...

that is not the ugliest car.. i don't think it's ugly at all. does this make me weird? lol!

Lauren said...

hahaha this is awesome.

Ashley Slater said...

hahahaha awwwwwwww those cars look like lego trucks or something! so hilarious!

Carolyn said...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I LOVE IT! :)

My-cliffnotes said...

I was trying to think of an uglier car, but I can't. At least it was a solid color, and allowed you to drive your friends, and it looks large enough to be safe :) lol.

Holler for your upgrade!

Tab
my-cliffnotes.blogspot.com

jessica said...

bahahaha.

my best friend in high school, her mom had one of these. she used to hate it! i'm actually pretty sure her mom still drives it lol.

Alicia @ To Columbus and Beyond! said...

Oh LAWD.
They are the ugliest cars ever. I say that every time I see one - I'm sure you rocked it out though. I would be so afraid of getting rear-ended as there is a mass surplus of GLASS in the back. But it does make a tent - so it gets bonus points for that.

Amber said...

Hahhaa, I love that you take pics of random ones!

Andrea D said...

You haven't seen ugly until you've seen the "Ghetto Cruiser" (as we affectionately called it) my husband drove around throughout high school. It was a 1988 Buick. As in, it was born the year before WE were born! The window on the driver's side didn't roll down, so when we went to the drive-thru at a fast food place, we had to open the door. Awkward :|

Rebecca said...

haha it could be worse! funny how yall look for them now =]

Simply Splendid LOVE said...

hahaha. It looks like you had a special bond with it. :) Gotta love first cars. My first car was a Ford Tempo. Now that was one ugly car. And it gets better...someone hit me and the car was totaled and look who got a new "major used" Ford Tempo. That's right, I got to drive two. Ha. Good times.

anica

Sarah @ Simply Sarah said...

Haha the Pontiac Aztek is pretty cray cray looking, but I am really impressed that it has a built in tent! What a plus!

Laura Darling said...

Hahaha I love that you take pictures of them. Too funny. And was your dad serious about the tent??!!

Brittney Denman said...

Haha!! I love that you take random photos of other cars! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Haha that is so funny that you take pictures of random cars! But I totally agree with you on having an ugly first car, my first car was a buick la sabre. I was 16 driving around in a granny mobile! Just think about all the comments I got with that one! :)

http://beginningwithbecca.blogspot.com/

Aida said...

Hi gorgeous!
so glad I found your cute and lively blog while peeking at others' blogs! I'd like to invite you to meet mine as well and hope you'll follow it if it pleases you. I'm definitely following yours!
wish you lots of success
kisses
http://cottoncandy-peaches.blogspot.com/

Angel said...

hahah i love the picture with the mustard one!
one my of my friends used to have this joke about whenever you see a mustard colored car, yell "hickle pickle!" so entertaining when driving down the highway and interstate.