PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

4.02.2012

The time we fought over painting our living room

This weekend Kurt and I had our first pre-marital fight. Okay relax...no engagement or anything yet people! But we had a "life fight." Over paint. Yes....PAINT. Don't worry...nothing TOO serious!


So a couple weeks ago, I went and got a couple paint swatches because I was itching to paint our apartment's living room a pretty tan color. This past Friday we were sitting in our living room and I was just like "let's paint the walls tomorrow." So Saturday morning we got up and chose a color out of one of the paint swatches. It was called Natural.

We go and open the can, and I said out loud that wow this looks only slightly darker than what's already on the wall. Then Kurt dumped the entire can of paint on my head and then dumped me.

Kiiiddding!

"Erica. It will be darker when it dries."

So there we go. We paint two walls, and let them dry. Still looked just like the hideous white/grey that was already there.

 Left was the new paint, right was the old. 

SEE? Slightly similar. I felt defeated. We had just spent 2 hours painting 2 walls and I was not happy. And Kurt knew this because I kept walking in and out of the room, hoping the paint color would change. Finally, I told him I hated the paint color and wanted a tan color. He stormed off and I stormed off and then he told me to go find a new color. Then he locked himself in the bathroom. What a child!

So I went to Home Depot and came back with a new prettier tan color. And we re-painted for the next hour in silence. I was getting splattered with paint because I was rolling that roller so hard with frustration!

Alas, we finished. Don't worry. I'll show y'all soon! Kurt finally admitted he liked the tan better than what we had. CHA-CHING. I just hope this isn't foreshadowing for if we ever buy a house together. Oy.

We swore to next time just call my dad, whose an interior decorator, to do the hard stuff! I trust his work! Wouldn't you?!


Yep...Dad, our next room will be alllll you! :-)

Photobucket

12 comments:

Ashley said...

Hahaha, painting can be such a pain! I'm glad it all worked out in your favor :) Ps. that room is amazing!

P!nky said...

My boyfriend and I had a fight about decorating our potential future house. Serious fight like :are:you:kidding:me!

Great job getting it done girlie! :) xoxo

Lindsey said...

I'm more shocked that it only took you an hour to paint a wall. When I did my accent wall in my bedroom - it took me all day. Maybe with 2 people helping it goes faster. I can't wait to see the finished product. Oh, and you can totally come move into my room. It's seriously so huge, there is room for 2 queen or king beds. No air mattress needed, mam.

Katie said...

LOL this is not uncommon. Billy and I disagree about paint colors a lot which is why we have painted our guest bedrooms atleast 3 times. But hey, usually afterwards he admits I was right. ;) I love that he locked himself in the bathroom hahaha you guys are so cute!

lovelove ya

Brittany said...

Lucky you! your dad is an amazing designer.

Stesha said...

it looks great! guess the fight paid off! haha!!

xxoo

Sarah @ Simply Sarah said...

It sucks that y'all got into a fight, but I did kind of LOL when you said that Kurt locked himself in the bathroom.

PS I love tan on walls, you can't go wrong with a great neutral!

Ashley said...

awww lover! so sad ya'll got in a fight and had angry painting time....but so glad you are made up and love your new tan walls!! can't wait to see!!

KRISTIN said...

That is too funny! It's always the dumbest stuff that causes the biggest fights, isnt it? I cried a few months ago because Jason wouldn't let me read him Hunger Games, yup, CRIED.

Amber said...

I can't wait to see the finished product!

Petchie said...

Haha I love that he locked himself in the bathroom, that is definitely something that my fiance would do! ha

xoxo
Petchie
http://itsallofthelittlethings.blogspot.com/

Carolyn said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Love this! :) The dumb fights are always my favorite ones to look back on and laugh about. :)