Have you ever been to a zoo and it looks like the animals are exhausted, hot, or just had the best wild animal sex of their life? Aka, they're just laying there. Yeah...we all have. Our trip to The Bronx Zoo was the complete opposite. Animals were lively. They were moving around. Jumping around in fact. There was a point where I wanted to just get in the middle of this playful bear fight for a hug!
I'm getting serious for a minute. Going to a zoo makes me happy. I know I know, there are some zoo's out there that don't treat their animals 100000% like they should, but I still can't help but get sentimental when I hear that a zoo saved an animal from mistreatment...or from the wild...or from anything. The Bronx Zoo totally does that..which is why I love it so much!
I have such a special place in my heart for animals! Hell, I even like them more than some people! Did I say that out loud? It just makes me happy to see happy animals!
Can we talk about Kurt's sneakers in that second to last photo for just a second? Bright red and black. What a damn baller huh? ;-) hahah oh Kurt...
Do you like the zoo? What's your favorite one you've visited?!
Happy Tuesday! :-)





32 comments:
Baller status man!!! WHOOT!
OMG! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the zoo! :)
The Philadelphia zoo and the Pittsburgh zoo are both pretty fun, but my favorite was the Big Cat Rescue in Tampa, Florida.
So fun! I think the Zoo in Hawaii was my favorite growing up. You and Kurt are just the cutest. Always!
After reading this post, my thoughts about making a trip to the Columbus Zoo when you are here has been CONFIRMED.
done and done : )
Oh I love the zoo! Our MN zoo is pretty cool.
I LOVE zoo's, soo fun.
Tab
my-cliffnotes.blogspot.com
My fave childhood memories are from the zoo! Love tht y'all went!!!
Have you been to the San Diego Zoo? That zoo is AMAZING and is pretty much an all day trip. Spent 9 hours there once and that was not enough to see everything.
Looks like you had an amazing time at the zoo. I can't believe the wonderful pictures you were able to take. Every time I go to a zoo it seems the animals are sleeping. xo
Erica!! We are twins! I freaking LOVE the zoo...AND disneyworld! We were meant to be ;) Such amazing pics!
I haven't been to the Zoo in so long! I need to make a trip there.
PS. While I know it is a Caterpillar, it looks like you and Kurt are sitting on a giant turd in the above photo haha. Sorry but I had to, ya'll still look hot though obvs.
Awesome pictures!! I turn into a 5 year old as soon as I'm on the way to the zoo! I love animals, I get far too excited! EXCEPT the reptile house.
So fun!!! How sweet is that bear hug!
I love the zoo SO much!! We have an awesome one here in Cincinnati. When I was little, my girl scout troop had a sleepover there, and a zookeeper took us around to see the animals at night. Amazing, obviously :) Love that picture you snapped of the bears!
Um... you were down here and didn't tell me?! #fail
I took M to the Bronx Zoo for his birthday last year, and it was a great success. I have a funny picture of M with that caterpillar (not worthy of the blog).
San Diego zoo is my fav. I'm with you. I think there is so much joy when you go to the zoo, no matter how old you are :) I had a friend get married at a zoo. pretty awesome
We love love the zoo too! This spring will be our first time with almost an "actual" reason to go...taking the Bean. who will probably be asleep the whole time. So, yet again, we're going just for us kids at heart:-) xoxo
LOL! I like animals more than some people too! And I am totally okay with it haha.
I love the Zoo! I go to the one here in Houston just about every summer. Nothing about it has ever changed but I still love going every year!
awesome post! love the pics =]
love the zoo!
that's fantastic!
i freaking love the zoo :) i usually go to the LA zoo just because its so close but yours looks way cooler. i've never seen a playful bear fight at mine! ha.
Looks like a great zoo!
I'll never be too old for the zoo either. I grew up going to the ATL one and loved it!
I ADORE the zoo! I love animals better than just about 98% of people. My favorite zoo around here (we have 3 fairly close to where I live) is the Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle. If you ever visit Seattle, be sure to check it out!
looks like fun! :)
Awwww i love the zoo!! You're never too old to go! :)
Love all the pictures!
I fah-reaking LOVE THE ZOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and if you like it so much, then you will totally love coming to my house to visit.
TALK. ABOUT. A. ZOO.
love you!
also LOVE your super cute white pants. What, are they size triple 0? bitch.
Yes!
Twins! I’m all about the zoo, aquarium , adventurey fun activities! In college, I use to sit on Austin’s bed and make a looong list of things for us to do in the off-season. And zoo and aquarium were always on top. Along with water parks, building forts, and other mature things like that. although, Austin and I still haven’t been to the zoo. So now I’m sort of mad at him. or well baseball. Is baseball over? I want to go to the zoo!
I agree - you're NEVER too old for the zoo. It's one of my favorite things to do when the weather is nice!
I LOVE zoo's! We even planned our Junior/Senior prom at the zoo! My favorite is the one here in Colorado Spring, because it is built ON a mountain!
Are those zigzags?! I love love love the zoo as well!! it is freaking amazing and your zoo looks 10X more amazing than the ones around here! So I will be there soon and you can take me to the zoo!!!!
glad you had fun and the kitties playing in the water, and the bears giving lovies was adorable
Post a Comment