PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

5.24.2011

Fight with my curling iron..I need help!

I haven't curled my hair in years. I have naturally wavy hair, but have been wanting to create some loose curls with an iron. So I went and I bought one!

I heated it up, wrapped my hair around the iron, and NOOOOOPE! No curl...it looked like a floppy, crinkly, blah-ness. I bought this iron:
It's a Babyliss Pro Titanium.

I've literally watched more than 10 youtube video's on curling your hair and I just can't do it! So I am asking my blogging lovers. I need to learn how. I'm a 22 year old girly girl who doesn't know how and can't do it!

Or does my hair just not curl!? HELP!

Also, last night Kurt and I were playing golf on Playstation.The game lets you create your own player. Well last week I noticed my golfer, which I made to look like me, had very broad shoulders. So I went in and edited her yesterday but somehow my legs exploded and my arms shrunk. So now I have big legs and puny arms.


Sorry it's blurry, but can you SEE!? At least I look kinda cute in my houndstooth!

Happy Tuesday! :)

Photobucket

25 comments:

Bonnie said...

Baaaaaaaaaaahahhhhahaa. I happen to like your little person.
Honestly, I cannot curl my hair, either. I'm lucky that it has a natural wave to it, but I absolutely cannot use a curling iron. I suck. I have watched tutorials, talked to people, gotten hands-on instructions -- I still can't do it.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Mandy said...

I am the master hair curler. Make sure you mousse your hair when it's about 50% dry. Finish blowdrying. If you want the beachy waves you can do it with the clamp or without. This is going to be a lot to type...email me and I will tell you all or I can make you a vid. I have short hair now and I still curl it with an iron for a beachy look.

Ashley said...

Lucky you for having natural wavy hair! I just wash my hair, use a round brush/blow dryer and get some nice waves...I'm not a huge fan of the curling iron. Probably because thats all my mom used on my hair when i was younger! lol

Loving your golf girl! haha!

Meri said...

I have curling iron issues. my hair is pretty straight naturally, and quite thick... so even when I can get it to curl it take FOREVER! Good luck!

Lindsey said...

I'm telling you - CHI CURL!!! It's the best.

And yes those legs did explode, lol! On a side note - I'm wearing a houndstooth skirt to work today. I know you care.

Alex Byer said...

I've got stick straight Asian hair, but I use this one: http://thebeautydepartment.com/2011/04/the-every-day-wave/

Lauren Conrad knows what's up :)

Ramblin' Blonde said...

okay, you and I sound like we're in the same situation. I haven't been able to curl my hair with a curling iron EVER until last night. No joke. your post is so ironic. I used curling mousse after I showered then just let my hair air dry. Later I used a smaller barreled curling iron and didn't use the clamp. It took forever but there were no creases and looked natural

Rissy said...

bahahahahah oh man! your golfer lady has a bodacious backside. Love it!

oh and I think a key part to curling is hairspray! This girl can't get enough hairspray.

I also recommend trying the bargain blonde's vid on curling with a flat iron. I plan to try it this week!

CarissaExplainsItAll

Hilary Ayers-Kurtz said...

That golfer is hysterical!

I found the most helpful way to curly my hair is to keep the barrel open never closed at all times! Wrap your hair away from your face, and hold it for 15 seconds (Remember no clamp!) Then continue around your head with small sections, then spray only a little bit!

Its my go to hair style!

Unknown said...

My hair used to be naturally curly and then one day it just stopped. And now I can't get it to curl no matter what. So I feel your pain. Good luck!

Pamela said...

I'm 22 & can't curl my hair either! haha! I've had my friends do it! ha

ST said...

Whenever I curl my hair I always have to have someone else do the back. It's a really hard skill to master. Sadly, I have no tips for you because I am not that good at it myself.

I love your little golf person, especially her houndstooth!

Amanda said...

My hair is STICK STRAIGHT. Like it looks like I straighten my hair every day, but I don't. It took me years to figure out how to curl my hair, then voila! I bought this fantastic (and inexpensive) curling iron:
http://www.amazon.com/Conair-Curling-Iron-Tourmlne-Cd109/dp/B0023SZ4C6

Here's some curling tips/tricks:
- don't use conditioner in your hair if you plan to curl
- do make sure that you have it the iron at the highest temp
- do spray your hair with "extra hard to hold" spray even if makes your hair hard; sometimes i even spray the piece of hair BEFORE i put the hair in the curling iron

Sorry for the long comment, but I hope this helps!

Jill said...

I got a siiick curling iron for Christmas and can't get it to curl my hair either :( It has kinks in it and doesn't do much curl at all

Ashley said...

loving your hulky legs! wish i could help you with your curling but i have flat limp frizzy hair - hence why i straigthen the crap out of it every day!

Jenn @ Peas and Crayons said...

bahahaha! hookay so Its hard to explain online but if you are using tutorials from youtube and its not working you may want to try different products to get it to stay. set up your hair with a tacky but invisible mousse and then curl it, after each curl falls use aveda crazy hold aerosol hair spray and then repeat. it should help! xoxo

Jenn @ Peas and Crayons said...

ps if your iron gets HOT -- don't replace it... try the products first

Lindsay said...

I have a hard time using a curling iron on my hair too, but I've used TiffanyD's tutorial before and had some good results! The best way I've found though is to use my flat iron. The curls stay longer, I don't have to put a ton of product in, and it's SO EASY once you get the hang of it. YouTube has a ton of good videos of it.

Good luck, and let us know what works for you!

Megan said...

I can curl my hair, but it doesn't last. I tried to Chi curl it, but that didn't work out so well.

Loving your plump and juicy legs! Haha!!

Torrie said...

i have naturally stick straight hair (and i mean STICK straight, it sucks) and i always curl it with my flat iron...works wonders for even my hopeless hair! watched a couple youtube videos on it a couple years ago and have been doing it ever since. best if you do it on second-day hair, too, as my freshly washed hair (and most others) never holds curl well.

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

New follower here!
I love my no clamp curling iron!
This is my Conair:
http://tinyurl.com/42ted2m
Use that and hairspray after you dry and before you curl and you get wavy curls that stay!

Gorgeous Glam said...

Mine has to be on the highest setting of heat...and I usually use a mousse or setting spray to hold curl before I curl it...Hope it works better for you! xo

Jessi said...

Let me know when you figure out how to curl your hair - I'm hairchallenged. I can barely straighten mine. Boo!

Michelle said...

HAHAH plump legs, skinny arms! Love it!

I have naturally wavy, slightly curly hair and I use a special curling iron. Regular ones don't work for me. I'm going to see if I can find out what mine is called! I totally can't remember! HAHA I will let you know! :)

XOXOX