PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

5.23.2011

I got scammed in a craft store

Dear random person from Glendale, California,

Why did you try to steal $483.00 of mine when all I did was use my debit card at a Michaels Craft Store to buy supplies to make my creepy bunny cake pops?


I was not happy a camper Sunday morning when trying to purchase my egg sandwich on ciabetta bread at Panera and my card read DECLINED. My mind started to race with thoughts of "oh shit someone stole all my money..I'm broke...I'm poor..my identity is GONE," and "omg whose using my money for prositution and booze and drugs and cars?"

But upon visiting my trusty bank, the account was frozen immediatly after you tried to withdraw it because it was SUSPICIOUS! Yes, my friend in California, taking $483.00 randomally at 3 AM from a seedy ATM machine is suspicious.

So I'm sorry you didn't get to have your fun tooling around with my hard earned cash. Get a job. Stop scamming innocent people who are just trying to buy pink heart sprinkles and lolipop sticks.

As Lil Wayne once said, "The money is the motive." 
Love,
Erica, "scared to use her debit card"

That's right folks. I got scammed! I was actually kind of expecting it. Around Easter time, I made several trips to Michaels Craft Stores down where I live and up where I work.


A few weeks after Easter, I started hearing on the news that Michaels had been scammed by people breaking into their credit/debit card system, taking people's pin numbers and account numbers. So it happened to poor lil old me! Luckily no mooolah was taken because my bank froze that shiz before anyone could hold on to my crisp $20 bills.

Happy Monday!
Photobucket

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh how awful!!!! i have had this happen a few times too many unfortunately... :( i hope everything gets sorted out girl!

Rissy said...

ugh people are so stinky!

seriously... who does that?! I agree... get a job!

now I'm scared to craft... what is the world coming to?

CarissaExplainsItAll

Hannah said...

i went there yesterday.......
oh. no.

........

Raquel said...

omg thats so scary! I would of been freaking out! But thank goodness they werent able to take the money out. Whew!!

Michelle said...

Oh no! I actually heard that too about Michaels! It's so good that your bank/card company caught it and froze your account so they could check into it and fix it!

That's so scary! I hope they work it all out asap! :)

XOXOXO

Anonymous said...

I had that happen too! But from Appplebees! Bastards! I hope all your money is safe!

Lauren said...

That is so awful, people are scary now a days!!! :-( Glad your bank caught it though,happened to me once too!

Ruthie said...

Wow, you are so lucky your bank noticed! I hate those scamming people, they need to get their on money instead of steal other people's.

Unknown said...

this really sucks! ugh! people can be so horrible! I makes me want to just carry cash and if I don't have the cash, I don't buy something. but we know how unrealistic that is lol well for me anyway! actually it would probably help me save more...
regardless - I am glad to hear your money is safe!

Alex Byer said...

Oh no I'm so sorry! BUT it's a good thing your bank knew what was up. Huzzah! Don't be scared to use your debit card! It'll be ok :)

Lindsey said...

umm like my biggest fear in life. That sucks! I have never been scammed but with my luck, it's bound to happen any day now. I glad you got that shiz frozen and taken care of. People are such scumbags.

Christina said...

I heard about that on the news too! That's so lame. It makes me pissed at people...for real, just get a freaking job like all the other working people out in the world. Sorry you got scammed.

Lauren Nicole said...

yeah, we got our number stolen from a douche in mexico. we caught on 2 days and $15,000 later.

they spent it on: spas, hotels, WALMART, airplane tickets, etc..

our bank reimbursed us since their online banking was determined faulty.

the nerve of people, i swear.

So shay said...

GREAT. I just went to Michaels the other day and used my debit card. Now I'm scared :(

I'm glad they got it all figured out though! :)

People can be so horrible, it makes me sick.

Sabrina Says Blog said...

I hate the feeling of when your card gets declined!! Seriously! So many thoughts go through your mind. It's just nuts..

Well i'm glad they didn't get any of your scrilla.

Sabrina Says

Amanda said...

Terrible! I'm glad your money is safe and sound now though :)

Unknown said...

You really would think that it would be easier to just get a job...

BelleinBows said...

Ugh, that is my worst nightmare. Perhaps from now on get some cash-money out before heading to the craft store.

Courtney B said...

What the freak is wrong with people! They need to GET A LIFE! Lame, lame, lame.
Thank goodness you're bank froze your accounts.. this could've been a huge mess! My hubs had his social stolen before.. oh that was a joke trying to get his name cleared and put back in order. So frustrating!

Ashley said...

OMG that sucks! so glad they caught the seedy little bastard...seriously theifs and people who make computer viruses need to be shipped off to siberia!

so glad you will be able to afford 4th of july themed cake pops...oh and your ciabatta breakfast tomorrow!

Alison Kinsey said...

that's terrible Erica! all that hassle just for shopping at Michaels. I hope you get everything sorted out soon. :(

Jenn @ Peas and Crayons said...

OH MAN! What bank do you use? that is SCARY!!!!! I got my account frozen once... they said some suspicious activities were going on all over the state of FL...

I then had to explain that i'm CRAZY and put my wedding on my credit card. They laughed at me. lol

i'm glad your cash monies are in tact!!!!!

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

Meri said...

oh no- what a crock of crap! I'm glad you caught it!

Megan said...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe that some lunatic tried to steal your moneyyy!! Thank goodness for your fabulous bank!! I had someone scam me once. From Great Britain. Maybe it was Megs? Idk...but it was scary!!