PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

1.13.2011

A random Thursday but cocktails are involved

Happy Thursday!

So I did my first VIDEO LOG yesterday about my dialect! It was so much fun and I loved hearing everyone elses voices so check it out if you haven't! :)

It's almost the weekend and I could not be happier...BUT...even more happy that Monday is a holiday and I have a day off from work! Martin Luther King Jr. Day! I will be celebrating by reciting the *I have a Dream* speech! Just kidding..but in like 8th grade I had to come up with a speech on the environment and I used the I have a Dream format to create it..I was cool.

So I need some advice from you all. I'm thinking of throwing out all my current makeup, making a little trip to Sephora, and telling the makeup artist to have her way with me and sell me some new make-up! What do you think about this? I'm so sick of my makeup I just want new, pretty-full stuff and learn how to do some cool things from the artist. I don't want to spend more than like $100 so is this possible in Sephora?

I want to learn how to do this..I think it'd be appropriate for work right?

That eye looks freakin PIMP! Though it makes me wonder if it's one of those press-on eye shadows or if they really put makeup on like that. Either way..its amazing looking! So that's a little errand I need to do soon..Operation New Makeup!

So thinking about makeup kind of makes me miss high school. Well, more PROM it makes me miss! I really miss going out, looking for a pretty dress, getting hair/makeup done, taking a limo to the prom, etc. I realize proms always costed between like 400-800$ for some when you've got the hair, makeup, dress, tickets, and yes I was one where it cost that much for EACH PROM! But now, it seems silly to me! Granted, it was usually my parents who paid for the stuff because I didn't have a big paying job, but still! If we spent that much on prom, how much are our weddings gonna be! Sheesh!

I realize this was SUCH a random post but it's just one of those random days where things are all over the place in my mind! But low and behold...I have a cocktail recipe for you...it is Thirsty Thursday and all! Yes its freezing cold and puking snow and ice and blizzards and icy roads BUT...this cocktail is summery and beachy and warm and fuzzy and pretty and cute.

Pink Lemonade Cocktail!

Ingredients

oz vodka
Sour mix
Cranberry juice

Directions

Fill shaker with ice.
Add vodka.
Add equal amounts of sour mix and juice.
Shake.
Serve in a tall glass with ice.
 
Okay everyone. Go make a video log and be stupid and silly so I can laugh along with you guys like you probably laughed at me :) Love you all!
 
xoxoxo

13 comments:

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

okay that eye make up is amazing :)

Preppy Twin said...

That cocktail looks amazing. I need to try that out after this long week. yum!

Alisha said...

Ooooh go to Sephora and ask for their Two Faced Bronzer!!! It is SO much better than foundation. But be careful, their eye shadows are close to $17-20 each. Try to find a combo set of eye shades you like! Oh and their concealers? Perfection! I love all their stuff, if you couldn't tell hahaha.

xoxo

westcoastsoul said...

Sure it's possible to spend less than 100$ in Sephora! My favourite products from there are an Urban Decay eyeshadow palate (less than 50$) and a smashbox lip gloss in Pixel. It's a great nude colour that goes with everything. I also can't live without my shu uemura eyelash curler. It was around 20$.

Jenn @ Peas and Crayons said...

2 cocktails puhhhllllease! <3

I have a sickness with makeup - i'm obsessed with it and can't throw any shadows or blushes out, ever! Which is probably really bad... but I'm hooked.

for sure get a palate that has all new colors that you love and let the artist help you make multiple looks with it! =)

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

Lauren said...

That eye makeup is so GLAM wow! I want that cocktail now haha! xoxo I am going to do my Vlog now!

Megan said...

I love Sephora! It's definitely more expensive than walmart, but totally worth it! Definitely let them do a makeover for you! And then post some pictures! Or another vlog! : )

.:Chelsey:. said...

Those leopard eyes are trippy to the max! PLEASE post pics if you attempt the look. Thanks for the drink recipe...that cocktail is lookin' mighty fine right about now!

BelleinBows said...

You could definitely get a lot of makeup from Sephora for $100. Especially if you mixed and matched brands, taking a few staple pieces from their Sephora line.

Your VLOG was great!

Café Moka said...

We don't have that holiday here on Monday! You are lucky to get another day off!!!

I love Sephora! I use Double Compact Mineral Foundation from Sephora and it's great. The concealer is also good! Have fun shopping there, it's like a candy store!!!

Krystal said...

This is such a cute little post. I NEED new make up badly... but I'll have to save up before I can make a trip to Sephora. :] P.S. little cute drinks are my fav. xoxo

Ally said...

I LOVE Sephora and that makeup job sure is nifty!

californiadreamin said...

OOOOO I am drooling over that cocktail!! I am making that after I have this baby lol