Aloha :)
Last night my boyfriend and I were laying in bed before we went to sleep, just having our usual *before bed pillow talk* We were talking about these...
Does anyone remember these!? Tamagotchi's. They were a major fad in the 1990's and were supposed to prepare young people for taking care of something in a motherly/fatherly way...making sure they ate on time, making sure their shit got cleaned up, and making sure they were played with. I am not ashamed to admit I had 5 of these. I had an original Tamagotchi, a puppy, a kitten, a baby, and a dinosaur. And there they were..gigantic things taking up my keychain that was also filled with Gimp, and those fun-size stuffed animals.
I was obsessed!! I remember getting in trouble because I brought it into school and it would go off every few hours whining of hunger. And okay..last summer I was packing to go to Hilton Head with my boyfriend and his family. I was looking through a drawer for bathing suits and waaaaay in the back I found my puppy Tamagotchi. And you better believe I brought that on vacation! It helped me for some of the 16 hour drive down to South Carolina! haha Granted, his family poked fun at me..it was fun to relive the memories. And it died on the last day. I woke up and there were 6 or 7 giant piles of crap around him that I neglected to clean up before bed, thinking he'd be okay, and he had big X's on his eyes. Ouch. I hope I treat my puppy better (when I get one haha)..and my KID!
Does anyone watch the show Four Weddings on TLC? Basically 4 brides are getting married within the same few months (they are all strangers). They each attend each others wedding and rate their dress, food, venue, and overall experience. Definitely watch it if you haven't! The reason I'm mentioning this sort of has to do with my usual Thirsty Thursday post. I saw an episode the other day where they had this..
A martini bar!! I want one of these at my weddings I think that would be the coolest thing ever! One of the girls on 4 weddings had it and the bartender made an array of different martini's and put little signs in front of them for what they were, and guests were allowed to just take any one they want. I think it'd be SO COOL! I mean, of course I'd have a limit because I wouldn't want my bridesmaids drunkenly trying to mack on my in-laws by mistake, but for real. This is so cool! Ok I need to start writing all my wedding ideas down before I forget them! hahah! :)
Look at these cute things.
Amazing.
I want these bikinis! Ah! Okay it's snowing out and all I can think of now is bathing suit shopping.
And this photo..is what I shouldn't eat..if I want to look like that girl above. But holy moly..I can't remember the last time I absolutely pigged the EFF out on McDonalds, Wendy's, BK, Sonic...anything. Granted, it does make me feel shit-tastic the next day, its soooo gooood. Cue the cravings riiiiight now.
How freakin' adorable is this couple.
![]() |
| all photos via tumblr |
Snow is on it's way to good old Massachusetts tonight into tomorrow. Loooovely! :) I hope that you all have a fabulous Thursday!
xoxox













21 comments:
I totally remember the tamigotchies! I had soo many of them! I also remember Gimp, but we used to used embroidery thread and made bracelets and what not out of them instead! Martini bar is super cute! Might be dangerous! Great post!
How ironic that I was having a conversation last night with a friend about Tamagotchis! And pogs and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I remember being so mad that they banned them from school and you would get home and the whole screen was full of digital poop.
That is so funny! I remember those. I had a Giga Pet. I loved it. haha.
I had one of the Tamagotchis! I loved it haha! Too funny!
HA! I had a Giga Pet!!!
TOTALLY LOVING EVERYTHING IN THIS POST! :)
I guess I was a little too old for those since I don't remember them. I love the martini bar idea. Not only is it fun and practical of course but it looks pretty too. I'm a brand new follower!
ah! gimp! I was a gimp queen! what a fun flashback! And thos bathsuits are really adorable, where are they from?
omg i totally remember those things!!! i had a TON and thought it was SOOO cool. hahah oh and that martini bar is soooo neat! i love four weddings, i always get so many good ideas from that show and i'm like you i need to write them all down before i forget haha. xoxo
I remember those too had a bunch haha!!! I looove that martini bar wow! xoxo
I STILL want a tamagotchi...STILL! I loved those things! And adorable bathing suits. Great now I need to scope one out to drool over!
OH MY GOSH I laughed out loud throughout this entire post!! YES I had a Tamigatchi and I find it amazing yours still worked!!! hahaha LOVE those bathing suits too!! Are those the newer ones?If so I am there!! You HAD to pose that about McD's ...mom and I started weight watchers THIS morning and there is a MCD's right below the hill from where I work hahaha
omg I used to be obsessed with Tamagochis (or however you spell it hahaha)
And I loved the Martini Bar idea on Four Weddings! I never understand the weddings that are dry haha.
I never had a tamagochis =/ I wanted one but we could afford it =( there was a knock off version that I think we had but I lost interest VERY quickly!
I LOVE those suits -- they are SO cute and totally something I could pull off with my smaller top without looking like I forgot to add to my bathing suit to fill it out haha!
It's 76* here =) I don't envy the snow ... though I am sure your summers are much more bearable than ours =/
Happy Friday eve!
um i love the randomness of this post! i had 2 tamogatchis and im currently starving so that micky dees looks amazeballs and yes, i have been stalking the VS website (but i live on hilton head!)happy thursday!
I also watch Four Weddings and I watched that episode you are talking about!!! A Martini Bar is so cool!!! Something I really like also is a Candy Bar of course!!! If I get married, I want a Candy Bar and a Martini Bar!
Gosh I remember those tamagotchis...my sister has one. I can't believe how popular they were. And seriously, more snow for the New England...I wish we were getting some!! I could use a snow day
I had a tomagatchi...and several others. I definitely made the gimp things too. Did you have pogs at all? They were like round cardboard type discs with pictures on them.
The martini bar looks amazing. It's definitely something I will put on my list of things to have if/when I get married.
We are getting snow in Philly tonight into tomorrow too. Yay!
i had a tamogatchi, giga pet, and any brand that had one come out. i loved them! my mom always tells me to watch 4 weddings, but i haven't been able to catch when it is on tv :(
Hahahaha...I used to have one of those and I think that I was basically obsessed with it. That and my Furby...I think that's what it was called??
I totally had a tamagotchi and a nano pet, ha! Blast from the past!
Post a Comment