Speaking of DisneyWorld, that little half marathon we are running while we are there, well our training took a turn for the "holy shit" when we ran 10 miles yesterday. TEN MILES. I honestly wanted to cry afterwards out of pain and overall excitement because a year ago I could barely run 2 miles without dying. Therefore, I feel like I birthed an elephant over the weekend because my legs/hips are screaming at me. I also may or may not have had a temper tantrum at mile 4, causing me to throw my running watch onto the ground like a child throws a toy. Oy...
But let me back up to Saturday! It was a perfect day and I just knew we had to go get apples and pumpkins. We went to Honey Pot Orchards which is in Stow, Massachusetts! I also decided to finally brush off the cobwebs of my camera and took her out with us. It had been like, a MONTH people! I almost forgot how to press the buttons.
If you look real close, you'll see how Kurt got assaulted by an apple tree branch and cut his head
As I sit here, knowing theres a giant bag of apples in my kitchen, I have to wonder; what in God's name do we need a million apples for? I love apples the most as is...crunching into them, but do you think the appeal of apple picking is actually going to pick them and that's it? I need some ideas of what to make with apples besides the normal pie or apple crisp! I'm kind of loving these baked apple cinnamon chips. What else can I make?!
Saturday night, kurt and I tried a new place for dinner in the South End in Boston, called Toro. It is tapas style and absolutely delicious! We got amazing bread, brussel sprouts, garlic shrimp with a red sauce, grilled steak/caramelized onions and potatoes. My mouth is watering just thinking of it!!
I also decided this was the night I would wear my spicy new leather leggings. You guys...I know they look like they're part skin, but they are so unbelievably comfy and they fit like a glove without that whole, omg I need to shake my butt and wiggle all around to get into them.
Before I go, it is a special lady's birthday today! Guess who....
Miss Sabrina! Happy Birthday to one of the most beautiful people, inside and out, that I've ever met! Love you and hope today is the most amazing day in the world!!
Link up with Sami and tell us about your weekend! Hope you have a fabulous day :-)









16 comments:
happy birthday Sabrina!: )
you little vixen! love the leggigns and cannot wait to wear mine ahhh.. hottie!
kurt on the ladder by the tree..for some reason i CANNOT stop laughing at this.....
1. 10 miles!!!!!!! You are my hero
2. Apple picking, oooo great. Now I want to add that to my October fall list! So fun!
3. Where are your leggings from? I must see if I can pull of looking remotely anywhere close to as good as you in them, because guuuuuuuuuuuuurl. You look perf!
4. Happy birthday to Sabrina!!!
those leather leggings are awesome. and these pics are gorgeous!!
I ran 10 miles this weekend too!! And I was SO happy when I was finished because it meant I didn't have to keep going. I think when you're in disney you'll be distracted by all the cool things while you're running! So far we've made 3 pies, apple sauce and lots of apple and peanut butter snacks with the million apples we have. It's easy to pick them but not so easy to eat them all!
I'm going to be at Disney - the same time as you!...and I'm with you - I need the vaycay
I'm going to be at Disney - the same time as you!...and I'm with you - I need the vaycay
YAYYYY on the 10 miles! I would kill for those legs so I could rock something that adorable. Instead I have chubby little tree trunk legs.
apple picking looks so much fun!!! we have random little places like that here in so cal, but it isn't the same when the weather is in the mid 80s! ;-/ lol
and seriously, you look hot in those spicy leggings!! I think I need to get myself a pair
Love those leggings on you! I just pinned a recipe for apple brownies, they sounded really good.
I went apple picking once, and I'm very confident that it would be more fun to go and pick apples and then leave them there. I only want a few to take home, thankyouverymuch!
make apple sauce and freeze it or keep it @ the back of the frige and it'll last a while if you're concerned about them going back. But they should keep for a couple of months in a cool dry place. You can actually wrap them in newspaper and put them in a basement or cool outdoor closet/shed to make them last even longer. Or make apple bread for breakfasts/desserts, you can toast it and it's AWESOME!
Helloo sexy pants lady! I'm super jealous you got some good apples! They were all bad on the farm we went to. Looks like y'all had fun!
Helloo sexy pants lady! I'm super jealous you got some good apples! They were all bad on the farm we went to. Looks like y'all had fun!
Love the leggings! I have a pair just like those on my wishlist!
I'm literally googling apple picking near me because I want to go so bad!! I've never been and I've been so jealous seeing all you east coasters and mid-westers and basically everywhere else in the country and us Californians are definitely missing out!!!
AND I freaking LOVE that picture you took of the road and pretty pretty trees!!! You should pull out your camera more often ;)
Best apple cake recipe ever. Though there's tons of sugar in it. It's awesome though.
http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2008/09/moms-apple-cake/
Post a Comment