PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

5.06.2013

Weekends are for Bruins, Thrills, Booze and Boston

Is it really Monday already?! I feel like this weekend flew by. But then again, basically every weekend flies by.

Friday night Kurt and I literally did NOTHING! I honestly don't remember what we did, but I know Game of Thrones was somehow involved...a new favorite :-)

But Saaaaaturday....I woke up in such a mood to go to the gym and that never happens on a Saturday. I kicked my own ass and am still hurting for it today (mainly my abs--holy F). Saturday night however, Kurt and I had tickets to the Bruins playoffs...unfortunately they lost to Toronto!! :( However, it was a good game and one of the Boston Marathon victims even came out onto the ice before the game to wave the flag---I definitely shed a tear or 2!


We got home pretty late Saturday night and remembered we promised our pretty little selves we were getting up early Sunday to go to Six Flags New England. This is the second year we bought season passes and if you go to any Six Flags more than once they are SO worth the 50/60 dolla's for the season, especially since a regular day ticket robs you of about $45.00. Kurt even had to be ridiculous and pay extra for the free parking perk---lucky for him it works for ANY Six Flags, otherwise I would have been YO...put that money towards some bling why don't ya ;-)


Six Flags New England has a few decent rides, though it's nothing compared to Six Flags in New Jersey which we try to get to at least 3 times a year! Just this past year though, I have graduated from holding onto the lap bars on rides to keeping my arms up! Thanks to Kurt, who while at Cedar Point, held my hands up FOR ME one ride so I could experience it haha! We indulged in some BBQ, rides and 70 degree temperatures--HOLLA.

We didn't spend the entire day there since it's still early in the season and wasn't crowded, so we took our non-mexican selves to Boston and had a Cinco De Mayo celebration with the rest of the city anyway!



We were near the site of the Marathon Bombings and the new memorial site and really wanted to see it in person. Holy amazing, emotional, crazy and overall lovingness this city has.





We even signed our names on one of the many posters :-)


Overall, it was such a fabulous, fun and relaxing weekend! I am sitting here watching Kurt do something gigabyte-ey with our TV...turning it into a computer so we can somehow save money on cable yet get MORE options? I dunnoo...all I know is he let me touch a computer processor and went on and on about how amazing it is. Whatever floats your boat buddy.

Link up with Sami! Happy Week! 


Photobucket

10 comments:

Erin said...

Ahhhh take me to all the roller coaster places! I love amusement parks and haven't been to one in YEARS! My family used to go every summer. Cedar Point is like a little piece of heaven on earth. I love that place. But I must get to NJ this summer since I live close enough.

Brittany said...

Sounds like such a fun weekend!! I am sad that I did not partake in any mexican food this weekend.

Carolyn said...

Looks like such a fun weekend! :)

Katie Did What said...

haha I love that he held your arms up FOR you the first time!! So cute! I'm definitely a lap bar holder, forever and always. I can't handle the insane ones, no thanks, I don't want to feel like I'm slipping through the bars. Not. Okay. But I'm a lightweight, obvi.

xo

Amy said...

Sounds like a perfect Boston weekend!

Kaileigh said...

Sorry that the leafs beat you...except I'm not :) haha It was very touching when one of the marathon victims came out onto the ice though.

Beginning with Becca said...

I totally dropped the ball on the whole cinco de mayo yesterday and it was my first one being 21! How I forgot I have no idea! Good thing I know other people went out and enjoyed it! Also, the Boston tribute looks amazing. I am getting chills just looking at your pictures! Thank you for sharing!

The Southern Thing said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! The bf and I are about to get our Six Flags New England passes! I can't wait to go! Yay for finally some nice weather in this crazy state!!

K & J said...

I was at the game #1 Bruins...and they kicked some major ass tonight :D and sadly Celtics Game #6 :( Was really hoping for another down 3-0 comeback against a NY team.
Jess got me into Game of Thrones. Not my genre but I really enjoyed it. Can't wait for True Blood though...that's my show :)
As for amusement parks...I got to Canobie more. I must be getting old because I prefer the quiet atmosphere up there LOL Though I usually stay up one night when I go there so I can hit Water Country the next Day.

Glad you had a fun weekend...GO BRUINS!!! Kara XO

Ashley said...

i have never been able to put my hands up on coasters either. and if i'm with my family i insist on sitting with my dad so he can keep from falling out of the side! he usually has nail marks in his arm!

such a fun post! love love love that people aren't forgetting boston just b/c it's not in the news so much anymore.

such a fun weekend. i have never been to six flags and there is on here - i neeeeed to go!