PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

5.23.2013

Advice=Needed!

Sometimes I feel like the blogworld is one big fashion, life and general knowledge forum and I like that I know I can ask you all for some advice on random things! I guess that's what I'm here about today. Ready?!

I've been looking for a maxi dress or skirt for like, 10 million years. If you ask Kurt, he will tell you maxi's are out of style because he happened to watch an episode of Rachel Zoe where she worried that her maxi's aren't being sold because they're going out of style. #KurtTheFashionista

Regardless, I still want one so I need some advice of where the heck I can find a good one! All of the ones I've tried on make my booty like weird or my bubbies too small!


After I finished the 50 Shades of Grey series I got such a strange inkling for erotic thrillers and novels. I mean I'm only human---I'm not going to reach through the paper pages and touch a ding-a-ling. Anywho....I started reading one based on my 50 Shades download and it wasn't too bad! But now, I'm really interested in finding a good, hard to put down book! I need some suggestions!


Most mornings I literally grab an eye shadow brush or sometimes my finger and slather on some eyeshadow--sometimes looking like I was just rolling in from a night with Lil Wayne and Rick Ross. I'll be honest and say that I can't do eyeshadow. I JUST CANT! I have no clue how you girls do it, but I need to be let in on this little secret. An easy tutorial? A way to make my eyes pop? Spill it! Pretty please?
Thank you all in advance! Help a sista out!! I trust all of you more than my own judgements!

And to conclude the randomness that ensued from this post, I am in AWE of this gif. If you concentrate hard enough, you can see the train going both ways. It is literally mind-boggling!


Happy Thursday!

Photobucket

13 comments:

Jennifer said...

I got my maxi's at Kohl's (J-Lo brand) and Express. I am 5'2 and they aren't too long.

If you want erotic books check out Anne Rice's Sleeping Beauty trilogy. It's old, but is definitely better than that 50 shades...ok I never read 50 shades but still. I was in shock at first reading them many years ago and then ended up loving them.

KRISTIN said...

OK, that video is f-ing weird. I love maxi dresses and hope to God they never go out of style, I think most of mine are from Old Navy and H&M. I am need of a good book too so I'm excited to see what people suggest. AND, finally, if you go to a department store make up section they will happily give you a tutorial on eye make up. I'd suggest seeking out Smashbox, it's the best makeup EVER! Love you!

Nicole said...

It's definitely not a romantic thriller, but my absolute favorite book is Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah. It's more about women and friendships, but such a good read. Perfect for summer!
I'm not a big lover for maxi's because I feel like you can always see panty-lines and jiggly-bits and if it's a comfy dress, you better believe that I'm not going to wear spanx with it.
I don't do eye-shadow, so I can't help there.
I think that covers everything. :)

Katelyn said...

I love Maxi dresses and just picked up a beautiful summery chevron one from shophouses.com- they're inventory sells fast so I recommend following them on Facebook to see when they bring stuff back into stock, it's worth it because they have great quality items. As for eyeshadow- the key to making eyeshadow pop is to layer. I suggest going to the drugstore and picking up a wet and wild trio palette (so cheap and such good quality) because they stamp where to use each shadow right into the product! Adding a color to the crease of your eyelid makes all the difference and really opens up your eyes-YouTube videos taught me the perfect application and searching one out to watch is fast and easy! Hope this helps!

Katelyn said...

oops that website was supposed to be shophopes.com- stupid autocorrect!

Erin said...

I need the maxi advice too! I can't find any skirts that aren't see through or make my hips buldge with too much bunched up fabric. Help!

The Southern Thing said...

I hate reading, but when I got Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin, I couldn't put it down!! I highly recommend it! And if you find a cute maxi, let me know! I never thought I could pull that style off, but lately I've been feeling adventurous and on the search for a cute one as well!

Whitney Ellen said...

I'm still stuck laughing at the thought of Kurt telling you that maxi's are out of style. I can't wait until you find one and wear it around him.

I live in maxi's, for the record, most from F21 or Old Navy!

Now read through the page, grab the ding-a-ling, and find you the perfect maxi!

BREI said...

I got most of my maxi's from Anthro, Shopbop, and BCBG. i know expensive.

Books: What Remains by Carol Radziwill (NYC Housewife. Was married to JFK Junior's cousin)
Time Traveler's Wife
Gone Girl
Girls Guide to Hunting and Fishing

Candace said...

You need to read Bared to You by Sylvia Day. If you like 50 shades this one is better. It's also a trilogy but the third book doesn't come out for another few weeks!

Unknown said...

what is going on in that video! it IS going both ways! so weird. anyway, I get my maxis at forever 21, actually just bought two last week...and I hope kurt is wrong, bc I love them!

Lins @ Country Roots City Living said...

Sylvia Day has a new series out. It is the crossfire novels. The first one is Bared To You. It is excellent. Should I say I kind of liked it better than 50 Shades?!?!?! If you read them let me know! The third book of the series comes out something like June 4.

Ashley said...

ok, i just bought this maxi dress and i UGH-dore it...it's not exactly the sexiest but, it just makes you feel pretty. and the bottom is see through so that's kind of sexy right?

http://www.reddressboutique.com/you-need-me-maxi-dress-coral.html

BEST books ever (and that's saying a lot b/c i don't read) are these by Rebecca Donovan - seriously, they may be some of my favs:
http://www.amazon.com/Barely-Breathing-The-Series-Volume/dp/1477665412/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1369788333&sr=8-3&keywords=rebecca+donovan

Rebecca Donovan breathing series

and lastly my little nugget.....my fav makeup tutorial :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NvqTRw35EYI

love ya!!!