PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

5.09.2013

Saw, Pinned, Did, DRANK! Alcoholic bottles into cups!

I'm suuuuuuuper excited little miss Katie and Steph are back with Saw it Pinned it Did it because I have something wicked cool to share with you all! Feast your little eyes...


Basically what I did here was cut alcohol bottles to make into
glasses---flipping genius RIGHT?!?! Here is the original pin!

Here's what you need!
1) This bottle cutter---it's only 20 bucks on Amazon!
2) Hot hot hot water
3) Cold cold cold water
4) Vodka bottle, beer bottle, wine bottle, anything!
5) A drink to accompany you (or to finish off a bottle!)

Now let's get fancy!!
1) First, boil a big old pot of water and at the same time, fill a pot or bowl with ice cold water
2) While that's happening, drink some wine and clean out your empty bottles---be sure to dry the bottle!

3) Use the bottle cutter contraption thing to score around the bottle where you'd like it to cut


4) You should see a little line that resembles a scratch--it's sharp, 
trust me don't touch it just to cop a feel! hahah!


5) At this point, Kurt took over because he said the glass could possibly shatter as 
the top's being sliced off. He made sure to protect himself by wearing a 
long sleeve jacket and his shades....Dramatic? Just a little bit....

6) Dip the top part of the bottle into the hot water for a few seconds, and then the cold water, 
alternating until you finally hear craaaaaackk! That means the top has come off!


7) The kit comes with two types of sandpaper you need to use to be sure you don't cut your lippies when you drink it. The sandpaper will go in water and it you basically just rub it till it's smooth!


Voila! Fill it up with a drink!
As you see, I used a different bottle...
I ended up using a small vodka bottle, as our bowl of water wasn't deep enough for a bigger one!

These are such cool ideas..for gifts, parties, anything! And to be honest, they are relatively easy to make. I really want to make a bunch of these for my future home that I'll put in my future beautiful home-bar. ;-)

Link up with Steph and Katie!

 

Photobucket

18 comments:

Katie said...

Look at you (and Kurt!) being all fancy!! This is awesome. Especially awesome that you showed Kurt decked out in the sweater and glasses. Safety first ;) hahaha.

Love it! Now link up with us every week ya heard? ;) LOVE YOU!

Kelly B. said...

this is freaking awesome! I would totally go on a mission to buy more awesome bottles and then make a little reserve of "liquor cups"... GAH, and M would DIE for some real whiskey, whiskey cups!

Carolyn said...

I love this!! :) So cool!

Adriana from Glitter & Sarcasm said...

Ok I've been wanting to do this SO bad. I have bottles that I'm saving for it and it didn't even look hard/scary!!!

I'm doing this. Although my boyfriend will object so I'll wait til hes out!

Alsooo I'm following along now, looking forward to reading more!

J and A said...

LOVE it!!! My hubby would die for these. Heck I love them too!

Elle said...

Fun idea! Colored wine bottles would be fun too!

Whitney Ellen said...

Ok, this is straight bad ass. I don't think I'm to be trusted with any of this.

And I'm dying over Kurt and his protective gear. Just dying. Hilarious.

BREI said...

I love that y'all did this

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! what a great idea, I love it!

Anonymous said...

I need to do this. Mainly because it's just another reason to drink more.

XO,
Samm
www.dysfunctionaleverafter.com

ashleigh said...

this. this is awesome
I MUST try it

Haley said...

Ugh can you show me how to do this????? I've been eyeing this on Pinterest for a while!

Brittany said...

My boyfriend and I tried this with a few bottles. So cool right

Lauren said...

This is beyond awesome, thanks for sharing girl!!! :-)

MaviDeniz said...

Love this idea. I've also seen it done with yarn dipped in alcohol, set on fire and then being dipped in ice water. That also worked perfectly. I need to start saving my alcohol bottles.

Xo

Ashley said...

you are too crafty for me miss erica! i feel like #5 is essential for this project. hehe

Unknown said...

This looks awesome and so easy!! Thanks for sharing!!

I'm your newest follower, checkout my blog The Kissing Booth at www.sarahlagen.blogspot.com

xoxo, Sarah

Janna Renee said...

These look so easy! We have so many bottles...One day we will get around to it ;)