The other day someone asked me the first thing I'd do when I get engaged...
I'd first be like this
then like this
(sans the bouncing bubbies)
I really don't know though!
I'd probably scream
then shout
then let it all out
then run around town screaming 6 YEARS!! IT TOOK 6 YEARS!
then cry like a blubbering baby
then squeeze Kurt till his intestines come out
If I was engaged...
I'd dream of these shoes
And getting married somewhere like this...
Newport, Rhode Island
If I were engaged..
I'd do everything in my power to get a professional funfetti cake
No box shit...puh-lease, this is my wedding after all!
I'm not traditional when it comes to cake!
I'd want to have the bachelorette party of a lifetime with the girls I love most
In Las Vegas. Because why not go out with a bang?
But most of all, I'd do everything in my power not to let stress ruin the excitement
Because after all, I'd get to marry my best friend :-)
What's the first thing you did when you got engaged?
Or what would you do, when you get engaged?
Happy Hump Day!














20 comments:
I just started following your blog! This post is so cute! I got engaged last summer and after it happened, we went over to my friend's beach house because I was supposed to be having a girls weekend with them so I wanted to share the news before I ditched them for my new fiance (they all knew about this of course)! They were out on the deck and after we parked, I ran down the street screaming "WE'RE ENGAGED" with my hand in the air...haha.
Love this! :) Now it just needs to happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Um yes to those shoes - and yes to dancing like crazy and yes to that cake. I love it all.
Sooooooo, I just got engaged last week and I'm so with you!
I was completely taken by surprise though, so there was no happy dance, just shocked smiling.
I'm dreaming of colors, shoes, cake and a bombass party!
xoxo
can't wait to see that ringadingding!
LOL this is hilarious - I loved it! New follower, hope you'll visit and follow my blog as well. xo!
brooke
www.decorgreat.blogspot.com
I think you have a great plan! Weddings can be stressful, but only if you let it. And make sure it is EVERYTHING you want it to be. You only get one! (Well...sometimes people have more, but we won't talk about that)
When we got engaged we spent a good amount of time just enjoying people the only two people in the whole world who knew we were engaged. Then we called our families. Then we made all of our friends hang out with us and drank way too much beer and champagne. And ate pizza in the truck on the way to my parents' house. Haha. It was an amazing day! I hope you get to enjoy that feeling SOON!
Funfetti weddings cakes are where it's at!!
And bachelorette party in Vegas.. if you're gonna do it, I say do it right! go out with a bang hahaha
I've only been with Steve for like 10 months now but I think about getting engaged and how exciting it will be all the time!! And then my main goal will be to not get stressed over the wedding, that takes away all the fun!!
I love this. The first two pictures are the best! haha.
I literally just planned the perfect proposal the other day...if only
Love this! And when you said you'd scream 6 years it definitely made me think of the Sex and the
City moment when Charlotte yells "TEN YEARS!" to the entire restaurant when Carrie gets engaged.
After following your blog for a while, I'm positive that your engagement will be a fun experience!
loved this; and you know damn well if you came to vegas for your bachy party.. id be coming too
Poor Kurt has the pressure of not only impressing you but all of your 9,000 followers. I feel for ya Kurt!!! Haha!!
Love you Cornica <3
Is it sad that I'm nowhere near getting engaged and I dance like that on the regular? Probably. Also, I wouldn't mind doing my normal dances like that in those shoes. Nope, not one bit.
You are just too cute!! I think you and Kurt will be engaged soon enough and have an amazing engagement and wedding!!! I love how us girls always plan it all out before it even happens. We got our shit together and just need the men to get theirs
I am so on the same page as you, but I've only been waiting four years. I'd totally dance like that, I would get down like there was no tomorrow. I'd also probably scream, cry, and make a lot of other incoherent noises of excitement. I'm loving the shoes you picked out, and the funfetti cake hell yes!
Love this post :D
Pretty positive I just smiled the entire time reading this post! Absolutely love the clips in the beginning! Funfetti cake is a must!
Adrienne
http://myblackwhitecolor.blogspot.com
Haha loved this! I think I'd pinch myself if I was engaged...to make sure it actually happened. Then haul ass to get a manicure!!
The 5 months of my engagement were the worst EVER. I was definitely the bride that let stress run the show instead of excitement. My mom and I went at it constantly. My fiancé almost brokeup with me. I became the worst kind of monster...haha definitely a disaster. If I could do it all again I'd pretty much try to follow your outline :)
Funny, I will totally look like a fierce dancing Beyonce too, when you get engaged! (sans the bubbies:-( xoxo
This needs to happen like yesteryear. I can't wait to photograph it. Makes me so anxious and excited! I love you!!!! :)
awww E! I love this - I totally know it's going to happen for you two!! And when it does, I want to be in Vegas with you!! And in Newport...I love funfetti :)
Post a Comment