PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

2.20.2013

That time I spent 30 dollars on something 3 inches tall

If you've ever met me in person or been to my house/apartment, you would know I have one stuffed animal that I am obsessed with.

Actually, let's be clear. I'm 24 and still sleep with MULTIPLE stuffies. I can't part with them, nor will I. I mean, I'm sure Kurt wouldn't like them on our bed in years to come, so right now most are on our headboard but some sneak into the bed. Little sneaks.

When I was around 2, my mom went to Florida with her friends and came back with a Disney Goofy stuffed animal. He became my favorite Disney character, and still is today. I love my Goof.

Back to the point of this. Is there really a point? Probably not but I need to document my insaneness. 

I feel like I should show you my 22 year old Goofy so you get the visual. Here he is.


He's been through a LOT. And by a lot, I mean it looks like I innaprporiately touch him daily. Which, I don't! But, after having him for 22 years, his crotch has ripped, he has lost some of his stuffing, and even his hat...but he's still my little muffin!

So a few weeks ago, I was perusing Instagram. I follow a few Disney instagrams and came across this photo and my heart just about MELTED.


I needed/wanted/would sell my soul to have this little figurine.
So I hired some friends to research him and find out how I could get him.
A few days and countless hours of creeping, I found him on a French ebay site.
He was made in Singapore, but the seller was in France.
And to make matters worse, the seller shipped everywhere in the universe, 
freaking Uzbekistan included, except for the United States.

So I took matters into my own hands,
contacted my co-worker friend who lives/works in Scotland
had baby Goofy shipped to him,
who then shipped it to ME in little old Boston!



Oh, might I also add he is 3 inches tall,
and cost 22 Euros
Which is about 30 US dollars
10$ an inch? Sure why not?
College loans, you can just wait a hot minute, OKAY??

But honestly, how adorable is he!
Have you ever bought something rediculous?
Photobucket

12 comments:

Haley said...

HAHA! I'm glad you finally got him. But, I think he's kind of creepy looking...

Kelsey Lenay said...

That's some Disney dedication...I would want it too! I mean it's super small...and me and small things are friends! So college loans...psh!

XO, Kelsey

Laynah said...

Sooo cute :) Sometimes you just gotta have it

Carolyn said...

Aww!! :) He's SO CUTE! I love Goofy too!!!

Anonymous said...

He is fucking adorable.

Not going to lie, I have like 20 stuffed animals stuffed under my bed. Yes, I'm married. I just can't part with them, they all have a story and a name. And you know once you name something -- you can't get rid of it.

xo.
-- dysfunctionaleverafter.com

henning love said...

i don't think it is ridiculous for you to buy it goofy has a special meaning to you and lots of memories so buy that 3 inch tall goofy and keep the memories going!

julia rose. said...

I think the best part about all of this is HOW you got this 3 inch tall hot piece of man goofy! Friend in Scotland? No biggie.

Brittany said...

That is so funny! And really cute.

Amy G said...

Awww I love it! I still sleep with my stuffed animals too :) No shame there at all. The hubs has just gotten used to it!

Unknown said...

So cute! My boyfriend makes fun of me for all my stuffies but he knows they aren't leaving any time soon :)

allison
xoallison.blogspot.com

KRISTIN said...

this sounds like something i would do! he is the cutest lil goofy ever.

Sabrina Says Blog said...

OH MY GOSH!

a. He is adorable!!

b. You are HILARIOUS for figuring out a way to get this little guy!!! I love you for this... and a million other reasons!

and heck yes college loans can wait!! :)