PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

2.13.2013

A weekend with the girlies!

Two of my friends and I are constantly talking about vacations. Let's go to Europe! Let's go to Disney! Let's take a random weekend away somewhere!----okay, that's more do-able.

A few weekends ago, we decided to venture off to Portsmouth NH, a little gem of a town for a girls weekend; it was Ah-Mazing and definitely much needed!





Our day began with a make your own Bloody Mary bar. I'm not a bloody mary girl...however, I was BLOWN AWAY by all the shit that was at the bar! Peppers, onions, prosciutto , cucumbers, pickles, celery, and soooo much more. I was the loser who had to get a peach bellini or 3. Needless to say, it was only noon and we were buzzed and had no food in our system. Girls weekend was off to a fantastic start!






We finally got some food in our system at the Portsmouth Brewery which was DELICIOUS! And...more drinks. A little shopping and site-seeing was in our future before heading back to the hotel to shower and get ready for dinner and bar hopping. 


The best thing about going away with this ladies is that no matter what the situation is, we always have the best time. For example, our waitress at dinner was a biiiiiiiit of a weirdo. I really can't describe it except it was one of those people where whenever they walk away, you all look at each other like--did that really happen? Did she just say that?

Needless to say, she told us Gisele Bunchun was a witch. As in, a real life witch. I tell ya...odd odd odd.





We had THE BEST time. And let me just say...we came up with a  30 before 30 friends Bucket List to complete. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard coming up with some of the shenans we came up with. I am so excited to share them with all of you as they happen!!

We ended the weekend with a yummy breakfast in a perfect little coffee shop overlooking the streets of Portsmouth. Probably one of the best banana nut muffins in my life. I also realized I need to learn to like coffee, as in my friends couldn't stop raaaaving over the coffee. Note to self---drink cawfeee.




What sort of things do you do for girls weekend or girls trips?

Photobucket

8 comments:

Ashley Barnhill said...

This look like such a fun girl's weekend!!

Michelle said...

Looks like a lot of fun! :)

Allie said...

Looks like a blast. Often times, little getaways are my favorite vacations. What a cute town!

Lauren said...

So wait, you mean to tell me Gisele is NOT a witch?! Are you being serious right now? ;)

Girl weekends are so fun!! As soon as my little gals are big enough that dad can wrangle on his own for a few days, I'm doing one. No ifs, ands, or buts.

What lens are you using?? I need a wide angle... Can't decide which one though.

Sam said...

Looks sooo fun! I need a girls weekend!

Whitney said...

This place looks gorgeous! I'm in love with New England towns. So pretty!

Alexandra Sayre said...

Can't wait to see your 30 before 30

Someblondesthoughts.blogspot.com

K & J said...

Glad you had a fun weekend :) I love Portsmouth. I usually go up there a few times during the summer. Don't really travel to much during the winter months. I'll admit I don't like site seeing in the cold LOL
As for Girls weekends/tips....I really don't do them. Not because I don't want to..it always comes down to a lack of free time :/ Though last year Jess & a couple of her friends "dragged" me to NY for a weekend because they wanted to go to an event at a Fetish club....all I can say was I saw a lot of leather & latex and it was very interesting LOL
Kara XOXO