PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

2.22.2013

My Red Lips be Poppin

Warning, this is random
It's Friday.
Remember this!?

When I was younger I was definitely one of those girls who snuck into her mom's lipstick and smeared it all over my lips face. Hot, I tell ya.

The past year or so, red lips have just gone wild. Girls all over the world have been sporting this, and I sat there with my pinkish lipgloss, scared to try the red look fearing I'd look like a rabid animal with blood all over.

It hit me one day a few weeks ago while I was perusing Ulta. 
I needed red lipstick and I needed it then. So I bought some.

Get it. NOW!!

I never consider myself as someone who knows makeup
Seriously. 
As much as I'd love to learn why some people put 10 products on their face BEFORE makeup...
I just never have time to go all crazy!
Except for when I'm hittin' the town, then I'll go big.
Bust out the fake lashes

But back to my point!
Are you supposed to wear lip liner with lipstick?
That's a serious question.
Because sometimes I can't get it on all of my lips; they're so big and luscious (kidding)

The other thing about red lipstick?
It shows in pictures.
Like, really good
Good as in blurry iPhone pics good
Good as in not looking like I have lip colored lipstick


What's your favorite red lipstick? I'd like suggestions!
Were you scared to pop the red lipstick cherry?
Happy Weekend!

Photobucket

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha I totally remember rocking out to that song!
I love that red lipstick on you! I am definitely too scared to try the bold red look.
I only have time to throw my hair up in a pony tail and maybe swipe on some mascara before I hit the door running to work. I wish I knew how to put on makeup and look fabulous ha ha.
I couldn't tell you a dang thing about lipstick and lip liner.
I still got my red lipstick cherry. :D

Whitney Alison said...

That song was the shiz. Red lips totally work for you. And you don't HAVE to wear lip liner, but I find it helps brighter colors like this last all day. No joke, I start with my NYX red lip liner and use my Make Up Forever Moulin Rouge lipstick and it lasts an entire workday. :)

julia rose. said...

I thought that said "too shitfaced red". I'm a little disappointed it doesn't.

ashleigh said...

heyyyyy sexay lady

Jennifer said...

I use to love wearing red lipstick. I wore it so much my friends called me hot lips, lol.

lil desiqua said...

Hahaha I love that song. And loving the red- looks hot! I've been rocking the Maybelline 14 Hr lipsticks- they have major staying power!

Unknown said...

The red lipstick looks fantastic! I haven't been brave enough to try anything redder than a coral...I'm afraid I'm too pale to pull of red.

Helene said...

I adore red lipstick!! it looks so awesome on you! and i never wear lip liner, too much work.
Helene in Between

Sabrina Says Blog said...

LOVE THAT! I am a firm believer in lipstick as an accessory. It can really change your whole look!

Some of my favorites are Cha-Cha- CHerry by revlon? I think...

I love drug store lipsticks. FOR REAL. They are awesome. I also love Cover girl- Hot Passion. (I heard it's taylor swifts go-to color)

And of course.. you look gorgeous AS ALWAYS!!

ps... don't mind me rambling... I'm just playing a little catch up and commenting :)

K & J said...

I love that shade of red on your...looks HOT!!!

I have one...NARS Jungle Red that I like. I got it through Sephora. If you haven't been to a Sephora you should give it a try. They give free (at least the one near me has in the past) make-up consultations and let you try out some of the various products. That's how I often find the colors I like.

And I LOVE that outfit you have in the last pic. You look gorgeous!! Hope you had a fun night out in it :) Kara XOXO