PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

2.12.2013

I survived 3 feet of white stuff

Last week, we were all busy bee's at work when I decided to routinely check the weather. When I do this during the winter, I usually check a variety of places just to make myself depressed. I always check Florida first, then it's usually Texas, Bermuda, and to make myself feel a liiiiittle better, I check Canada.

On this particular day, I see something that says BLIZZID!! A blizzy is coming, a blizzy is coming; and it could produce record snowfall. At this point, everyone's all psshhh whatever, we hear this crap all the time and then get absolutely nothing. Fast forward to Friday night into Saturday afternoon and we wake up to this.



That would be the street where our apartment is. Covered with THREE FEET OF SNOW!!

Friday night around 10pm, the lights started to flicker
Kurt and I looked at each other and were all No....Don't....Please Don't..
At 10:30, lights out, power out, heat OUT, Kurt and Erica OUT!
We woke up to a 50 degree apartment and frozen nips---and not the alcoholic ones 

My parents house still had power, so the plan was to be rescued by mama and sissy
Dad chose the best weekend to go away ice fishing with friends
My mom disagreed...

We had to wait a bit for them to shovel themselves, so Kurt had a genius idea
"If we heat pots of boiling water, it will heat the kitchen....and us"
So we did...

We had to hike down the street for my mom and sister to pick us up,
....but we finally made it to my parent's house 

We ate grilled cheese
Drank hot cocoa
Drank cran vods
Ate pizza
Played Wii
Built a fort.
Heart=Happy














I love snow.
I really do
I mean, living in New England you sorta have to
Except when shoveling you hurts my back like a lil bishy.
So, snow, you are beautiful, and feel free to come by anytime!

How was your weekend!?

Photobucket

18 comments:

Christina said...

OMG what is all the pink stuff!? I want to play in 3 feet of white stuff with you. I (kinda) miss snow. Not the freezing part though, hahahah. Glad your day turned out for the best!

Megan said...

I've only seen snow here in South Africa about three times. It was gross and dirty. and melting. So it kinda sucked.

This looks like fun!

The Pink Growl said...

HOLY CRAP!

julia rose. said...

I WANT THIS SNOW!!! Gahhh I need it in my life for snow ball fights, snow angels, and snow cream- right now. I'm glad you were rescued and got to have heat, power, and forts.

Raquel said...

Lets just say...I'm a taaaaad bit jealous. Actually, i'm really jealous! That blizzard totally missed us! Boooo :(

Lauren said...

I loooove snow. I feel like OK needs some huge freak storm. It's been forever. As it is we have a coating today and people are in a frenzy. Chill, people, chill.

I want three feet! I'd settle for one really. That's not asking for much, right?!

Katie said...

I would totally come play in your fort!:) so glad you 2 are OK!!

Haley said...

Cornica, me and Evan retreated to my mom's house on Saturday too! As soon as the driving and was lifted we made Erin come pick us up and stop by NE House of Pizza!

Laynah said...

That is a LOT of dang snow! so awesome. I always bake when its cold haha...it helps even more than boiling water because it adds fat around your midsection, for another dimension of warmth.

Stephanie said...

LOL "A BLIZZID!!" I TOTALLY red that in your accent! hahahahaha good Gawd I love you! I'm glad you survived!

Ashley said...

i cannot even......i could never live there. you are basically my hero surviving snowpocalypse! i would have died for sure. kelly ripa....you know our biff...showed a picture today of "snirt"....snow melted with dirt. not pretty friend. not pretty. you make this beautiful whiteness look darn pretty!

Laura Darling said...

That is some crazy snow! I have a friend in Boston and she's been telling me about how much they have up there! Enjoy!

Brittany said...

Luckily your mom and sis were there to rescue you guys :)

Anonymous said...

I miss the snow so much! I haven't seen it since I was five years old! :( I consider you to be so incredibly lucky!

Whitney said...

I have always wanted to just jump into a huge pile of fluffy snow! I've never seen more than like 6 inches and never experienced anything colder than like 15 degrees!! Sad...

Alexandra Sayre said...

I have never seen so much snow in my life! We had a couple ice storms where I'm from!


Someblondesthoughts.blogspot.com

K & J said...

We got a little over 2 feet in my area and thankfully we never lost power. Thankfully because of the traffic ban I got to leave work early and enjoy an nice weekend in the house.
As for shoveling....I just put on my skinny jeans & stiletto boots an flirted with the guy next door. (I live in a Townhouse) A few minutes later he was helping me shovel. And by helping it means he did a 90% to my 10% ;)
Kara XOXO

Jennifer said...

LOVE these pics. We didn't get that much. It would be so fun to play in it when my daughter gets bigger.