PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

8.29.2012

Never have I ever got bra-fitted or had wicked straight hair

Yesterday at work I was talking to someone about how I've never seen the movie The Godfather. It was as if I was telling someone I've never taken a shower. I think I heard, "ARE YOU A HUMAN BEING?" Apparently not...and apparently I need to get my butt parked in front of the TV for 9 hours to watch it!

Then I realized there are other things I've never done that you probably have...

Never have I ever gotten sized for a bra. I just guess, and 99% of the time I guess right except for that one time a bra felt like Lil Wayne was choking my ribcage with his dreads...yeah I had to return that one.


Never have I ever officially learned how to swim. Yeah I took swimming lessons, but I just can't. I end up swimming around like I have a face full of makeup and prom-hair...aka head and neck held high and out of the water. Oh then there was that time at Hilton Head where I drifted out into the open ocean not once but 4 times. Notha' story for another day!

Okay theres one more:

Never have I ever had a straightener that transformed this rat's nest....


Into this wicked straight hair that brings alllll the boys to the yard!


I was contacted by Misikko asking if I'd like to review one of their products and a few weeks later, it was as if the hair Gods showed up. I was gifted with the HANA Pro 1" flat iron with a box full of other fantabulous goodies!  Okay so literally one of, if not the best flat irons I have used TO DATE!





I've fallen in love with my little HANA. She comes with a cooling pad, many different heat settings, and probably my second favorite item in the box, the hair serum. Holy bejeezus it's the best serum I have ever used and it makes my hair shiny like my booty. I highly highly highly recommend getting one of their products as you seriously will not ever be disappointed!

I am thoroughly excited to try this baby out in the 100+ degree temps and humidity in a week and a half when I'm trying to impress Mickey Mouse.

Thank you SO much to Misikko for letting me try one of their products! I am in LOVE.

Have you tried Misikko?!

Photobucket

15 comments:

Hilary said...

I am in the market for one - will def check this out!!

ashleigh said...

i've never been sized either; i have no boobies..really. so i just guess too

caitlin said...

I've never seen the Godfather either, you are not alone!

Jennifer said...

I was only sized for a bra once and that was during my pregnancy since I couldn't figure out what size to try next, lol. It was awkward but when she told me the size, I said OMG seriously?!

I also cannot swim even though I took swimming classes in my senior year of high school. We learned to float and sorta swim with our head under water. Treading was awful since I just drop to the bottom, lol.

K said...

I've never seen the Godfather either. People think I'm a freak as well. And I am jealoud of your straightener.

Nobody said...

LOL! Were you not wickedly creeped out by that freakin' angel?? I was like, "Shawn!! TAKE IT AWAYYYYY." Bahahaaa.

The Michelle Show said...

I always thought that I guessed fairly well and my bra's always fit. One day I was trying to find a good strapless but nothing was hitting the mark. I ended up being fitted and found out I was wearing a C when I needed a D AND got the band size wrong. What?! I tried on my 'correct' size and felt soooo stupid. It fit WAY better!

Lindsey said...

Love my hana more than life itself. Um, I got fitted for a bra in college but it was over a t-shirt and 2 sports bras (yes, I have to wear 2 when I work out) and I was like umm, shouldn't i take my clothes off? And she was like no, you're a DD. Um, no, I was not a DD. Bitch was dumb.

Unknown said...

Just saw Steph's post about this today, too. I'm loving this straightener. My hair is a hot mess, and my Chi just isn't cutting it nowadays.

Sami said...

Hmmm where is Missiko to offer me a free straightener ;) I've never seen The Godfather either!

Unknown said...

Bra fittings are hella awkward. I always have a horrible time finding a bra (I'm between 2 sizes) so I've been fitted a few times. The last time there were 3 ladies from Victoria's Secret in the fitting room with me trying to determine which bra fit me...so awkward! But looking on the bright side, they found me one that fit perfect!

Alisa Marie said...

Wow - I haven't even heard of that straightener. Your hair looks fantastic!

The Pink Growl said...

Did you get a hair dryer from them too? I"m in the market for a new hair dryer! Loving your straight hair sexy lady!

Ashley said...

um Misikko rules! i have their hair dryer and it is amazeballs! but i definitely did not get a creepy angel baby with mine! ;) you look so sexy mamacita!!

Chelsea said...

Never have I ever gotten a bra fitting either! Every time I walk into a bra store now I feel like the sales girls just assume I know! I've stocked my drawer with a couple different sizes so that when I feel a little more "gifted" I can up my size!