PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

8.21.2012

99 bottles of Sangria on the wall

When I was in college, we had this little thing called Spring Weekend the first weekend in May.

Alcohol-infused slip n slide

Anyway, our Spring Weekend was a liiiitttle different :-) The seniors had their own housing on their own area of campus. There were 28 separate condos, each with 6 people living in them. During Spring weekend, each condo made a different shot; and that's where Around The World came in. You'd go Around The World (to each condo) and take a different shot.


AKA, kill all the lightweights like myself. 

Anyway, the point of this, is that I had a similar weekend; except with Sangria!

I went to a lil partay Saturday night in Cambridge where everyone made a different Sangria. Let's just say there were over 20 people there, which meant over 20 Sangria's, with means Erica Marie had a wine-over on Sunday. But omgosh it was SO MUCH FUN!

We walked from my friends apartment in the city to the party, and on the way, my friend Liz had a lil mishap with her Sangria and the paper thin bag she brilliantly decided to transport it in ;-)


Sorry for the iPhone pics! 
I didn't trust myself with my camera and that much Sangria





My Sangria came out delicious!! I'm dumb and didn't take any pics of it, but I made this sangria and added some gummy bears for a lil extra zing!

After they announced the winners, my friend Cristina and I snuck upstairs and searched through the votes to see where we ranked (yeah yeah yeah we were curious! haha) She got 2nd best Red and I got 3rd best White! I don't hate it! :-)
How was your weekend!? Do you like Sangria? Give me your best recipe!!

Photobucket




19 comments:

Katie said...

How fun! I love the idea of throwing gummy bears in there!

Carolyn said...

FUN!! :) I love that idea! Not the hangover the next day though!!

Stesha said...

this looks so awesome! i love it!! what a great weekend love.

xxS

Mish Lovin' Life said...

That's probably the best idea I've ever heard of.... too bad I can't do that in Downtown San Diego...

UNLESS...I can gather all the bums on the streets to participate?!? We can go from tent to tent...mm, yes, this could be fun.

Lauren said...

This looks SO fun, I love sangria!!!

Unknown said...

I love this idea!!! This WILL be my next partay! :)

Amy said...

This sounds like so much fun! I've actually never made Sangria, but I LOVE it! Deeelish.

Brooke said...

I LOVE that you snuck and counted votes : )

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an awesome Sangria party! Love the pictures :D

Alisa Marie said...

OMG - that slip and slide looks like SO MUCH FUN!

Pamela said...

HOW FUN! Loooove me some Sangria!!

Marianna Dunn said...

Best. Idea. Ever!!! I love trying new sangria recipes because there are soooo many yummy ones! :)

Marianna
Delightfully Dunn


Taylor said...

This is a fantastic idea!!! i will definitely be having to do this! maybe around the holidays with hot buttered rum or something.
Sadly the only sangria I have had was when I was 18!!! I think i am in definite need of some!

Ashley said...

oh my gosh this is such an amazing idea!!! you guys look like you have so much fun! i want to come and drink sangria with you....sangria is my favorite! and then we can have a wineover together and watch movies and eat french fries!

Unknown said...

This is such a fun idea! I might have to borrow it next time I throw a party.

Ashley said...

how fun!! I love it!!

Anonymous said...

Umm I am sorry, but I can't help but feeling a bit like bragging right now that I made your fabulous blog!!! I am so, so glad you guys were there and had a good time. Pictures were super cute. :)

xoxo,

Meghan

Rebecca O said...

There have been hundreds of sangria recipes all over Pinterest! I need to try some out! That looks like so much fun! I am new here! and I am loving your blog! Rebecca @ roffenkr.blogspot.com

KRISTIN said...

Omigosh, what a fun idea!!! Wine hangovers are THE WORST!