PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

6.05.2012

Sorry! I'm a competitive girlfriend



One of my favorite things about Kurt and I's relationship is how competitive we are...with each other. Relax...it's just playful, mostly. Except for the times when race each other home from somewhere in our cars on different routes to see whose route is faster, and then boasting when one of us is the winner. That may not be the safest thing.

A few summers ago, Kurt and I were living in this small apartment in Boston for 3 months while we were doing internships. It was the first time we lived together and we were excited. Money was tight, we ate lots of soup and sandwiches, and didn't get to go out as much as we wanted. But it was probably one of my favorite times with him.

We love the game SORRY! Remember that game? So that summer, almost every night after work, we'd play maybe 3 or 4 games and keep track of who won. It went on all summer. 150+ games later, I won for winning the most games YAH! I may have bragged about it for months.

We started it again. And right now, I'm killing Kurt by at least 5 games. Every time we each win a game, we run to the fridge to tally up. And scream in delight. And brag in each other's face. I just love it.

Sad faces mean losers, hearts mean winners

Boo. Yah. Update to come on who gets to 150 games first :-)

Photobucket

21 comments:

Hilary said...

Ha...love SORRY! Hubs and I are pretty competitive too.

Anonymous said...

That's too funny! Makes me want to set up a game like that.. but I'm a sore loser ;) My other half and I get pretty competitive on occasion. Makes things fun, especially when we place bets haha!

Sarah said...

Haha I love that you guys are so competitive with each other. It keeps it fun :) By the way, I totally made those rice krispie treats Friday night and they were amazeballs!!! So I blogged about them today but totally gave you cred :) Thanks for sharing....I now know that I can't keep those suckers in the house haha

Katie said...

Awww we are SO competitive with eachother too! We TOTALLY do the different routes thing and see who wins. always. It's hilarious and so not safe haha I love how similar we are! Good ole Kurty ;) Billy beats me in yahtzee all the time and I've just surrended for a bit!! haha

Lauren said...

Haha, I love it!! My husband wants to play Battleship 24-7 because he thinks he has the upper hand in that one. I'm pretty sure if we kept a tally, we'd be about equal, but I have to give it to him he def stands a better chance in that game than anything else... I dominate games!

Carolyn said...

BAHAHAHAHA! Love this! We're competitive too, but Jake wins most of the time. Just don't tell him I said that. :)

KRISTIN said...

HA! This is amazing. Jason and I ALWAYS race home! We are SO competitive.

Virginia said...

Haha that's funny...Josh and I do some of the same things, we don't play SORRY though. We are more of a Paper, Rock, Scissor kind of game playing couple :-) I made those rice krispie treats you posted about...yum!!

K said...

Hey There! New follower. I had to comment for two reasons. 1) Me and the man are HIGHLY competitive too. Only our thing is mini-golf. We try not to get too competitive, but it's hard. and 2) You're in Mass. You're the first one I came across in 2 years!

Ashley Slater said...

I want to come to boston and play board games with you guys! and race home! hahah

Melody said...

That is hilarious. My boyfriend and I are the same way about the game Uno We played the entire train ride to Montreal last summer (12 hrs!) and he won every.single.game! He still brags about it lol

Sami said...

Haha you guys are too cute!!

Unknown said...

I felt as if this post were describing my husband & myself - WE are also competitive with each other and also talk different routes. There are two different ways to enter our drive-way, we will split up and race - yyyeeeeeah, not safe at all. But it's fun as hell!

I do rememeber sorry - && still to this day we play games like this on the week nights to change things up. Usually it's cards - board games aren't really good for us.

Pictionary was banded from our relationship probably 8 years ago {first year of college} && as of last year, we are no longer aloud to participate in the game TABOO.
We are competitive && shiiii talkers.. we talk but don't like to receive.

Those two are banded from our lives - however cards are always a good competition with good outcomes!

Unknown said...

I love that you're having a Sorry competition! It's fun and a great way to bond over something silly but unique to you two.

Unknown said...

haha this is SO adorbs!!!

The Husband and I are competitive but it is more about who is right lol =) I am btw ;D

Now I definitely feel the urge to go buy my own Sorry! boardgame! I love it - but I use to play it with my family growing up...I don't know that I have had the opportunity to play THIS game with The Husband =)

Raven said...

Erica I just LOVE YOU! Seriously. SERIOUSLY. and I totally laughed out loud to the whole racing each other home in different cars AHAHAHAHAHA!! Me and rob do that all the time. he's all, this way is faster, and I'm all, no this way is faster, so we will go our own ways and see who wins. :)

Amber said...

How fun! I haven't played Sorry in forever. Y'all are too cute keeping track :)

choose to be happy blog said...

hahaha i really love y'all!!! i can identity. austin and i race up the two stairways in my apartment complex. and are competitive over important things.......like hangman. which I'm better at then him. (maybe the only thing so thats why I'm only mentioning that) such a shinning moment in my life. PS WE WILL MEET ONE DAY. or meet my sister. she just turned 21. yes i am scheduling a blate meet up between y'all mwahaha (i am serious)

Meghan said...

I love that game! My family and I used to play all of the time growing up!

Lindsey said...

Y'all are so cute! I've said it before and I'll say it again ... Get married and make babies already. Thanks!

Ashley said...

oh my gosh erica! can ya'll get any cuter!

i love love love that ya'll do this! i can just picture little baby kurt and baby erica in their love den playing sorry and eating some ramen!

and i am totalllly competitive too! i'm not a hefty drinker but dang girl the one time i got tanked was playing bar golf....our team "had to win" haha. love you!!