PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

6.04.2012

A Newport State of Mind

Annnnnd we are back to the work week....yippie! ;-) Ha.

I hope you all had a good weekend! My weekend was pretty damn good if I say so myself. Friday night, Kurt and I tackled Dave and Buster's like pros. Busted in like we owned the place...winning tickets and taking names. We (I) are kind of aiming towards an iPad...only have about 15,000 more tickets to win!


Saturday I went down to Newport, Rhode Island for a little girlfriends getaway which was just fabulous! One of my friends lives literally 5 minutes away from the hustle and bustle of Newport; aka the mansions, shops, the beach, bars, clubs, the whole shi-bang!

During the day on Saturday we played tourists and went on a mansion tour of the Marble House. HOLY GORGEOUS! Can you just imagine living in a house with 100+ rooms? I die.









If you're ever in Newport, DO THE MANSIONS! There are so many of them. All equally gorgeous. There's this one mansion called The Breakers which is just breathtaking. I called them once last year saying I was getting married and wanted to inquire about prices. Over $150,000 just to RENT the place. I think I cried.

After we goo-goo-ga-ga'd over the mansions, we headed back to the apartment for some margaritas and taco salad before we got ready to hit the town!





We had a freakin blast. I had the most delicious pineapple infused vodka. We watched a journey tribute band at one of the bars we went to. Got asked if we wanted to "join a party upstairs" by some hideous men. 

Members of the Navy happened to be in Newport that weekend so we were saluting those men! We even happened across two in the bar; one of which who was so plastered he was poking us in the forehead and then saluted my friend Bianca after she did the worm. Yes...it's sort of a tradition that every bar we go to, we clear the area so she can do the worm. Love it! We dougied. Dropped it low. Just a typical night out with some girlfriends!

Sunday we did a wine tasting and tour. It was delicious and so so cool! I was really obsessed with the little crackers they give you to "cleanse the palate" so I pretty much ate them out of house and home and almost asked where I could buy them.







All and all, a perfect weekend! And THEN I came home to Kurt grilling...naked. Just kidding he wasn't naked, but he was grilling ;-)

What did y'all do this weekend?! Happy Monday!

Photobucket

12 comments:

Michelle said...

Love your pictures! Looks like so much fun.

Stephanie said...

Ok this place looks AMAZING!! (Oh-and so does your one legged pose...lol) The mansions, the vineyard...ahhhh! My kinda place!

The part about Kurt grilling naked...oh em gee... I thought you were serious for a moment lol. Any man cooking/grilling is pretty damn hot but doing so completely nekked...bow chicka bow wow!! ;)

Love you little one! :) xoxoxox

Jamie said...

That "house" is amazing!

Katie said...

Erica this is so funny! I have the SAME pics from newport and in front of that asian house!!!! You must go back and read them! :) Or I'll find link and send them to you!

I miss those mansions!

Looks like you had fun and I'm loving those mint skinnies on you!

KRISTIN said...

I am so jealous, that looks AMAZING! That mansion is re-donk! Can WE please have a girls weekend in Newport? K, thanks.

Carolyn said...

This weekend sounds like SO MUCH FUN! :) I love mansion tours... so cool!! $150K just to rent the space?!??!? NOT ok. HAHAHAHA

Shayna @ The Fancy Yancey said...

That is so awesome!!! That mansion looks breath taking!

arianapia said...

sounds like an awesome weekend. i love newport and the breakers. my girlfriends and i walk around and talk really posh like we own the joint when we go!

food, drinks, and friends, how every weekend should be!!

So shay said...

LET'S GET NAKEDDDDDDD!

I miss you so much! Your weekend looked like so much fun! You and that leg pose I swear Mamas! SO jealous bahaha!

Love you muffin!

Lauren said...

So fun! I want a mansion! I'm in denial that I won't ever have one. I mean sometimes I think, "And then I'll marry a rich guy..." and then I have to stop myself because I'm already married and I like the marriage I have just fine. Unfortunately, no mansion this lifetime. Well, there's always the lottery...? Surely the odds are in my favor with that one. Better odds than never anyway.

I feel like you are glowing in that orange tee, and I like it.

Ashley said...

stop it! are you wearing mint jeans?! when i lose 35 pounds i am flying to MA and stealing those suckers of your pretty little ass! haha

you look SO Ca-ute!!

and newport looks so pretty!!

i love you and kurt are making a name for yourselves at Dave and Buster....I bet you'll be ipading away in no time!

Muah. and thank you again!! love love love you!!

Christina said...

you know why i like you? bc you have very few "normal" smiling pictures. hahah