PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

1.04.2012

Skinny pants and some vans

When I went to a Lil Wayne concert in 2009, he was wearing an extra spiffy pair of red VANS. At that moment, I needed them. But I second guessed myself and had internal conversations with myself about how I'm not cool enough to wear them if I bought them. I thought people would make fun of me and tell me I'm a wannabee skater.

So almost three years later, I finally took the plunge and bought a pair. BOO YEAH.


I really don't know why I'm blogging about this. Every post I write I think about reading this in 10 years and wondering why I blogged about buying red vans. Do y'all ever do that? Regardless, it was just a lil treat to myself, so why not share with you loves!

Hi pretty white camera courtesy of Sabrina :-) I just love you so!

I can't tell you how fresh to death I feel in these babies. It's like my feet have swagger. My feet just want to do things they've never done before. I want to grab my crotch and dance like Chris Brown. I want to bust out the Crip Walk in the middle of the grocery store.


But for real...I really like them! :-) What do you think? Hot or not?


Photobucket

43 comments:

B F said...

Just found your blog and you are freaking adorable! And those vans? TODIEFOR. Where can I find me some?! Fresh to death... haha love it!

Erin said...

I looooooove them! You have mad swagger :)

Katie said...

freshhhhhy fresh! lol love it. I love them and have also contemplated them. but you know this. maybe you should tweet this post to weezy? i think yes

ashleigh said...

I love them! I wear mine to UNLV games or if I wear a red shirt or red tank!

Sarah @ Simply Sarah said...

I definitely LOL'd because I frequently have conversations with myself about whether or not I should buy things.

I like them! Red is a good color too!

Emily said...

Dude - I seriously love these!!! I just recently bought a pair of red Toms and was thinking that I had no business wearing red shoes like a wannabe hipster but you know what? I wore them and it was delightful. Enjoy your awesome shoes lady!

Joeylee said...

loving the red vans!!

Erica said...

I have a pair in black and sometimes I'll wear them to school. I'm sure some of the students are thinking WTF is my teacher doing wearing the same shoes as me? But I don't care I wore Vans before they were born.

Amanda said...

Hot. Fo sho. Your gangster style makes my day. Or my week. Or my life? Maybe when I'm having a bad day, I'll come back and read this post because it's like instant fabulousness. I should stop before I feed your ego too much...or should I? ;)

choose to be happy blog said...

bahahaha " i dont really know why i'm blogging about this"

GIRL. they are freaking ADORABLE. you can pull them off. and now i'm jealous. teach me how to dougie. i mean wear cool sneakers like that.

stalk you later xoooooo

Laynah said...

HOT :)

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said...

Lmao I love this post/lil wayne/Vans. You are so funny and those Vans look amazingggg on you :) Pretty soon you will end up like me, addicted to them, and have them in every color!

Megan said...

Hahahaha, you always make me laugh!! I love that you said my feet want to do things they've never done. HAHA!!

They are super hot!

T&S said...

I really love these pair of Vans!!!! Especially in red.
<3 Lourdes

Melissa said...

You definitely have swagga'. And you should ALWAYS just bust out in a Crip walk whenever the mood strikes you. I would, but sadly, my crip walkin' looks like I am trying to do do an Irish jig. What can I say? I'm a dork, but I own my dorkiness.

Courtney said...

Those shoes are awesome. I have been on the hunt for red skinny jeans that arent $80!

Unknown said...

I have those red vans too, they are my fave! I want the navy blue ones now too. But lets be honest, you rock those way better than me!!

Sami said...

Love them! Lucky for you it appears you have small feet. Unfortunately for me, my rather large feet would look monstrous in those shoes! Toms on the other hand make my feet look smaller and that I LOVE!

Carolyn said...

I seriously love you. You definitely needed those shoes... I mean Lil Wayne has them! :)

Lindsey said...

hahahah HOT! Def hot and you def rock them and pull them off. Why you gots to make me laugh??

"I want to grab my crotch and dance like Chris Brown."

lolz

Jessi said...

Everyone needs a good pair of Vans...in my opinion. :)

I love the first picture.

Jenni Austria Germany said...

*call me triple A get my advance in advance*

ps - i, too, am laughing at the "i don't know why i'm blogging about this" line.

Holly said...

LOVE them!

My-cliffnotes said...

Love them, I was initially thinking they would be terribly wide and just gross, but I was wrong. I'd so buy them.

whitney said...

there is such thrill in finding a good sneak. i recently became obsessed and bought 3 pairs in a week.

whoops.

well done.

Jamie said...

Love them. You can totally pull them off.

Meghan said...

Your shoes are the bomb dot com! Seriously love them!

Lindsay said...

They look really cute on you!!

Whitney @ justacountry-girl said...

you look so fresh and so clean clean! you are rockin 'em girlfran. I love your sas!

Carrie said...

Love them! But, now I'm picturing you doing the crip walk in the grocery store....hilarious!

Raquel said...

Love them! I have a pair of purple ones and navy blue ones :)

Ashley said...

so freshy fresh! girlfran you have miles of swagga in those! love love love them!

Raven said...

how fresh to death your feet feel hahahaha!!! LOVE IT! And I feel so privileged that I got to see that pic first before le ol blog. I just love you. In a million ways. I CANNOT WAIT to meet you. You miss Erica are MY TYPE of girl.

oh and you never said anything about me saying that I had been with lots of black guys. Wth?

Sarah said...

girl you is stylin' ;) ha

Rissy said...

bahahaha I love you and your skinny pants and some vans : )

Unknown said...

hahahaha hilarious. love the red shoes!!

and you'll be happy when your 90 and read you blog and say 'oh ya I was fly" (yes fly) hahaha

oxx

So shay said...

Erica!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hi muffin!!!! LOL! Just so you know...when I got this picture via text, I wanted your shoes! So guess what I did? I went and bought some! :) LOL! BUT I got the navy and the black ones :) I wanted to get the red BUT I didn't want to straight up COPY YOU! HAHA! Wait, I did. But only because I love you. I do! SO freaking much! Boston is in my future. I can't wait to visit! LOVE YOU!

Sabrina Says Blog said...

You look HAAAWT in ya vans and white tee :) You are SO damn skinny! I'm going to make you a huge fatty bacon cheeseburger and you will LIKE IT :)

I love you and I hope you are getting some good use out of your camera :) I wanna see some photos yo :)


I think you are going ot be able to pull of some michael jackson tipy toe shit in those shoes :)

Get it giiiirl!

Sabrina Says

Dree said...

Those Vans are
fresh
to
death.

K & J said...

HOT on you of course. I would go with a pair of Red Heels myself with the skinny jeans :) Kara XOXO

Lauren said...

I loooove them! And I used to rock Vans out back when they were totally skater only shoes and looked like boats for your shoes. They are way cuter and less skater-specific now and I'm digging that.

Dare I say they remind me of Keds? Weren't Keds totally uncool a few years back? Maybe they still are. Whatever I would rock them out.

MaviDeniz said...

i think ya look fresh ta death son! =D

Xo

kimberly @ lush lounge said...

Cuute shoes! I love them! :)