PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

9.25.2013

You betta treat yo-self before you wreck yo-self

What do you do when one of your favorite bloggers/friends declares a day and weekend all to yourself? You take advantage of it that's for sure!! :-)

My love Shalyn from So Shay had an epiphany one day while soaking her bod in a tub. An entire day to yourself. TreatYoSelf2k13. I took advantage of it--in fact, I took advantage of the entire weekend!

Friday night started with dinner with the family on the water! I normally don't indulge in giant pasta/seafood dishes unless it's necessary, and oh this was necessary don't you think?




Saturday my family and I went to The Big E, which is a big state fair in Springfield, Massachusetts! Since it was treat yo self weekend, I knew I was going to go HAM. And oh, I did....It began with a bacon s'more....at like, 11:30 in the morning--hey, bacon is breakfast food right?!



In fact, my entire family treated themselves. We ate our way through the fair, samples here, kettle corn here, chips/dip there, pizza/lobster rolls/clam chowder; you name it! It was honestly such a fun day I had with the Jordan clan :-)

Sunday morning I woke up wanting to desperately make donuts for myself since I've been craving them. It was time. It was such a nice treat too because normally weekend mornings I don't do anything fancy smancy for breakfast!



Clearly I am no food blogger, as a normal food blogger would most likely clean up the donut machine of those pesky little crumbs! I encourage all of you to treat yourself to this mini-donut maker. $30 at Target HOLLA!

That night Kurt and I went for our weekly long run where I had an unfortunate event. I totally hurt my knee and have been limping like I'm Lil Wayne with a gun in his pocket. "See me walkin' with a limp, that's my gunwalk." (that's a song haha!)

But later that night, Kurt and I decided to pretend we were 5 years old again and swing on the swings!


Kurt treated ME to a delectable dinner that night on the grill! Grilled shrimp, a bunch of veggies and quinoa. Holy yum it was divine. There's nothing better than a charcoal grill, let me tell you


It was nice to take a breather and think about myself for a day/weekend! I didn't question anything I did; if I wanted an extra hunk of cheese at the state fair, I ate it. YOLO, right? I know people hate that acronym ha!

Thank you so much Shay for letting me take a step back and enjoy life without the stresses. You seriously rock!! I loved treating myself and I hope everyone else did too! Next time, I am treating myself to an engagement ring....oh whoops did I say that outloud ;-)

Happy Hump Day Loves!

Photobucket

8 comments:

Amanda said...

What a fun weekend!! I also (over)indulged in a seafood / italian dinner this weekend and it.was.AMAZING!! I'll take one of those donuts puh-leaze. Love the comment about Lil Wayne and that 'nina' limp! Love Gunwalk. And pretty much every other song/album/anything he's ever done :) Have a great week!

Whim Wham Life said...

Ok, awesome idea! And anything that involves chocolate and bacon, count me IN!:-) xoxo

The Pink Growl said...

Omg ALL THE FOOD!!! YUMMMM!

Brianna said...

Bacon S'mores!? Breakfast of champions!!! ;)
AND those donuts look AMAZING!! Are they as good as donut shop ones?? I love anything mini sized haha

Kenzie Smith said...

That definitely does sound like a fabulous idea! I might just have to spend me a day like that.
A bacon s'more.. that sounds.. interesting! I would totally try it!

Raven said...

The food, you on the swing, everything...I feel it's one of life's biggest travesties that we live on opposite sides of the US from each other. You meet me in Vegas for New Years??

Amber said...

Swinging on the swing is my favorite thing in the world!!

Bacon on a s'more is genius. Why didn't I think of this??

So shay said...

Looks like the perfect way to treat yoself lover face! Thanks for being a doll and linking up with me! :) You're the best. We need to plan our next trip to see each other because I miss you WAY too much!