PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

8.12.2013

Weekends are for fairs and awkward Cards Against Humanity

Phew! What a weekend. I am pretty sure that sleeping 10 hours Friday and Saturday night still wasn't enough. Have you ever just been SO tired for absolutely no reason?

Okay enough of me bitching about being tired, eh!? :-) I spent the weekend down in the dirty Jersey visiting Kurt's family.

We headed down there Friday night and arrived around midnight. Let me tell ya, the 4 hour drive is my favorite part about going down there! (kidding hehe). We pretty much always listen to Disney music and hardcore rap music, taking turns singing duet songs---amazing.

Saturday we spent the day at the New Jersey State Fair! I'm not sure if I've mentioned this, but Kurt lives at the very tip top part of the state---AKA farm lands. He's about 40 minutes from NYC, but it's still complete farm/country land where he lives!


The fair was nothing short of amazing; fried, delicious food, fresh squeezed lemonade, horses, pigs, creepy carnival workers, tractor pulls, wood cutting contests, you name it!


That night we lounged by the pool with a drink in hand, had a delicious steak dinner, and played Cards Against Humanity. Um. Okay. Cards Against Humanity should never be played with parents. I don't ever want to hear Kurt's parents repeat the phrases tentacle porn or bukakke. Regardless, we laughed until we cried, literally!

The weekend flew by and on Sunday Kurt helped his mom trim a tree in the front yard. Even though it took him 900 hours to finish because he was being particular about it, still made me smile knowing I have a cute little handyman on my hands. Plus, I could be a creep and look up his shorts. Bow chicka wow wowwwww.



Aaaand another summer weekend bites the dust. 
How was your weekend?!
Link up with Sami for Weekend Shenans!

Sami's Shenanigans

Photobucket

12 comments:

Melissa said...

May I just second the Cards Against Humanity thing? SO. AWKWARD. And if people are sensitive, then no. Apparently making jokes about the meaning of Christmas is soooo insensitive. (THAT'S WHY THEY CALL IT A GAME FOR HORRIBLE PEOPLE!)

Unknown said...

uumm Cards Against Humanity with parents? pass. :)

Nicole said...

I have heard lots about Cards Against Humanity, but can't bring myself to just go and buy the game already. Is it really worth it? Or is it one of those that if you play it once, you've been there done that?

Liz @ Fitness Blondie said...

Hahahhaahaha! I have heard so much about cards against humanity and I died laughing when I saw the pictures of your cards and then that you played w/ parents. O M G.

And yup, weekends are for fairs

unless it's 489 degrees like it is here :'(

The Pink Growl said...

I need to get on the cards against humanity wagon! I've never played!

Lauren said...

You're too funny. I'll be following from Bloglovin' from now on thanks to the Weekend Shenans

-Lauren @ Going Green: Our Army Adventure

Erin said...

Bow chicka wow wow. P.S. 40 minutes is way too close to me yet still way too far. Boo

julia rose. said...

I love all things fried and carnival-like... and with a side of boyfriend shorts browsing?! woo hoo!! count me in!

I do not, however, love awkward card games with parents... even though I'm officially looking for that game now.

Katie said...

yeah yeah yeah for fairs! Now if we could just go together! Kurt trimming that tree makes me lol. But I'm in napa remember?!?! hahaha

Kelly @ [Big Apple, Little Bites] said...

Ahhh I'm obsessed with fairs. My mom is from Tennessee so I grew up going to fairs even though it's not common in NY. I made my boyfriend go to the Meadowlands State Fair in NJ this year (his family does not understand why people go to fairs and haven't been to any state/county ones).

Meadowlands was pretty good, but the fact your NJ State fair had baby llamas means I need to go to that one next year. Did you enjoy it?

I just really like the lame/cheap rides and the really unhealthy food. The freak shows scare me though.

Looks like a super fun weekend!

Kenzie Smith said...

That fair looks so fun! I love county fairs. Ours this year was absolutely horrible, it's been going downhill pretty steadily unfortunately.
I've never played Cards against Humanity but I really want to!! It sounds hilarious :D

Nini Kat said...

Last time I played cards against humanity I had to explain what bukkake was. And then how I knew what it was. It was a great time!