PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

8.28.2013

A love letter to myself

Something inspired me yesterday. I was having a bad day, but saw a retweet from someone to an article where people wrote love letters to themselves. Sounds weird, right? But it made me feel happy to read them! I decided to do one. Too many people focus on the negative things about themselves. Why can't we praise ourselves? Share what we love about ourselves?


My dear Erica Marie Weezy the First,

I can't tell you how much I love you. I love that you don't care that people look at you weirdly when you eat cereal with a spoon yet no milk. I love your ability to play the Harry Potter theme song on your flute after all these years and the way you brush your teeth while dancing and hip thrusting.

I love watching you make people smile. Sure sometimes people get annoyed with your "happy go lucky attitude" about things in life and sometimes want you to be more serious about stuff, but I think it's pretty flipping awesome to see you put a smile on someones face.

I love how you sing and use shampoo bottles in the showers as microphones while making sexy faces in the shower mirror. That's confidence right there! Who cares if people can hear you...actually it's better they hear you rather than see you.

Watching you connect with all types of people is inspiring. I've seen you connect with the guy working at the grill at your office cafeteria. Remember when you guys talked about how you can't live without caramelized onions and he now always remembers to give them to you? Or the lady at the gym who you taught how to do a plank properly? Yeah sure you aren't a professional fitness guru but she felt the burn in her abs and now you two always say hi to each other at the gym!

I even love that you have temper tantrums. Shocking, right? But it shows your passion in life! You want to show what you believe in and how you feel rather than let it eat away at you. Let's just agree not to fully elaborate on that temper tantrum in Target.

It's important to love yourself Erica, so try and love yourself more often. It ain't gonna hurt no one! Oh and while I'm at it, I love your ability to look on the bright side. You turned a bad day upside down, and sometimes that's hard to do!

Keep on keeping girlfriend!

What do you love about yourself?!

Photobucket

19 comments:

The Pink Growl said...

I absolutely love this idea! Erica Marie Weezy the First is pretty amazing!

Lorraine said...

This is such an inspiring post. Thanks for sharing your love letter to yourself. I think loving yourself is the most important.

Whitney Ellen said...

My god, just when I think I couldn't love Erica Marie Weezy the First any more, you post this. Love your flute playing, Weezy loving, Snapchat video rapping face.

Erica Ashley said...

Love this!! Go you!

Erica Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

Dear Erica,

I love you for ALL of these reasons and SO many more! Thank you for always being YOU!

Anonymous said...

Such an awesome post! Made me smile and laugh. Just found and subscribed to your blog.

:-) Tabitha

Julie said...

I love love love this!
Made my day :)

Here is my letter to myself : http://cansouplover.com/2013/08/28/a-letter-to-myself/#more-8298

XO

Erin said...

Show me the tooth brush hip thirsting. This is a must see. I love that you love yourself because if you didn't I'd have to write you a letter and that might get awkward quick.

Amanda said...

Aww I love this! Welp, Ive been reading your blog for like 3 weeks now (found u thru shay here in austin!) and just love ya and especially love your erica marie weezy the first! hope u have a better day today! xoxo

Carolyn said...

I love this post! :) And I love Mrs Weezy too. :)

Lauren said...

Haha love this, weezy omg :-D

Melissa said...

I love everything about this, Mrs. Weezy.

Brittany said...

Love this!! I feel like through reading it it solidified my ideas of you, in a good way :) I love that you are such a happy person and can really have fun! And now I am talking about you like I actually know you....

Ashley said...

Love this idea, Mrs. Weezy! You sound like a pretty wicked girl :)

Amber said...

Why are you so awesome? Seriously. Let's be friends.

I love this idea for a post, and i just may steal it from you. ;)

Ashley said...

Erica Maria Weezy the First - I love you for all these reason and so many more. You forgot to mention that you are one of the most generous and thoughtful peole to ever walk the face of the planet. LOVE YOU!

Unknown said...

I absolutely love this idea. It is so easy to forget how amazing we are and the worth that we all are born with. Also, I love you for all the same reasons that you wrote about. You are an amazing person and friend. Never stop being you. ❤

Dannielle said...

Hey I am new to your blog and Liking what I read. I loved the letter to yourself. Damn right you embrace those temper tantrums. Nothing is wrong with fighting for what you love or letting out a little bit of steam.

I am new to blogging this year and you have just given me a great idea for a future post. I just did the blogtember Challenge Hosted By Jenni from STORY of MY LIFE.

Stop by if you get a chance. http://mynotsofantasylife.blogspot.com/