PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

1.15.2013

Wedding Jibber Jabber

Remember that time I've almost dated my boyfriend for 20 years? Actually almost 6, but it feels like a 20! I mean, we know what makes each other happy, I know how to push his buttons, I know his favorite foods, I help him pick out outfits, I know his crap schedule. TMI? Maybe....



Lately I've been bit by the wedding bug. I find myself straying to the Pinterest wedding pics more often than not to see what's out there as far as style and theme, but to be honest, I'm never sure when I'm ready to get married. SHOCKER!!

I'm almost halfway to 50, and I just feel like there are many more things in life I want to do before Kurt and I start arguing over whether we want a wrap-around porch, a built in pool, or an entire house controlled by a remote control. Wait....we already have that last one. Did you know our apartment lights are controlled by one single clicker? #NerdVilleUSA.

I'm not saying we won't be able to do fun stuff when we get married, because seriously, have you seen this couple? Inspir-freakin-ational! I strive to be like them, for real. But you guys, this bibble babble is all stemming from this diagram I saw yesterday at work of a cost of a wedding and post-wedding. I threw myself into our office paper shredder after seeing that. How do people do it?

Enough of my sappy blabbering, but seriously, I need some advice! Until then, I notice myself pinning the same type of wedding dresses. What do y'all think of these?




For some reason I'm completely drawn to the open back look
I think it's elegant mixed with beauty...too slutty?
And let's be serious...any wedding dress that doesn't allow me to Dougie simply won't do

Happy Tuesday!

Photobucket

15 comments:

Carolyn said...

First - GORGEOUS dresses. Totally see you in something like that! :)

Second - wedding budgets SUCK. Jake and I paid for the whole thing ourselves, and we're still wedding poor. NOT FUN.

Third - as soon as Kurt puts that ring on your finger, you'll be ready to get married. PROMISE. GAH! Can't wait for that wedding! HAHA

Alyssa said...

Love those dresses! I also love that you say "clicker" I say it and my friends never know what I'm referring to!

Sarah Catherine said...

Same page with you on the wedding fever (not quite the right word?) accompanied by wedding doubt. I'm almost same age, been with my boyfriend for about nine years...what!? Crazy. It's almost embarassing how long we've been together. But I feel like it's normal, maybe even almost instinctual, after being with someone for so long to be at least a little bitten by the wedding bug. On another note, those wedding dresses are AWESOME! I like the same style--I think open backs can be super classy and elegant.

So shay said...

ERICAAAAA! You seriously just made my freaking day. GOSH I love you so much! :) Thank you! I might have smiled so big when I clicked the link and then wanted to cry!

I can't wait for you to get married. I think the Pinterest era is however HURTING more relationships and bloggers than we even give it credit for. It's so hard because it's a fun site and you can pretty much steal everyone's creativity, BUT, the weddings being plastered all over it can't be easy to look at. I feel for you sister and I know that when your wedding day gets here, it will be perfect and the RIGHT time.

Kurt if you're reading this....This is all you need to read muhahahaw.

E! You will be the MOST beautiful bride in the world. THOSE DRESSES WOULD LOOK SMOKIN' on you!

I love you so much! I need to see you soon!

Here for you always!

So shay said...

P.s.) Since you aren't paying for a wedding yet, COME TO TEXASSSS! :) MUAHAHAHAAW!

choose to be happy blog said...

LOVER FACE. 2013, is so our year. we are so getting engaged. and can plan our wedding together. and and and and. ok ill stop.. for now... until it happens :)

P!nky said...

I'm with you on the wanting to be married and not sure I'm ready for the 'pressure' or to pay!

But, I love open back wedding dresses too, I think they are gorgeous.

I just want to merge an open back with sleeves, hmmmmmm!

xoxo

Unknown said...

I date my bf for 8 years before we got engaged, so I know the feeling! We got engaged last year and are planning andd paying for our wedding ouselves, which is REALLY HARD, especially when I find a million things on Pinterest that I would love to do! Start saving now! I also love the open back look. My alterations lady is cutting down the back of my dress to achieve that look!

Alex Byer said...

Also on the wedding fever train, but trust me girl, you can make it a LOT cheaper than the averages with some DIYs and scrimping on some things. But not open bar. Don't scrimp on an open bar.

Amber said...

Gorgeous!!!

I hear ya on being half way to 50 and still not married. I mean, there's plenty of things I need to do still!

Raven said...

I better be invited to this wedding. Dating someone for 20 years is a long time. and OMG Erica we went to a bridal show last weekend (for my sister who is getting married this year) and we LOVE the open back ones! The super deep open back wedding dresses. I can't wait to see what you choose! And babies! have babies!

Anonymous said...

I love that first one with the big bow! obsesseedddddd.. at first i thought this was the big engagement post! TEASE! I can't wait to see you and kurt get married and you walk down the aisle to lil wayne!

Finance Girl said...

I'm 25 next week and have dating my boyfriend for five years now and I totally get what you're saying. A part of me wants to start thinking about weddings and dresses and pretty floral arrangements but then the other part of me is like, "holy shit, marriage is supposed to be a grown up thing and i'm still a baby". Then I realize that i'm in my mid twenties now and quietly go sob in a corner. lol.

As for the dress, I loooove open back/intricate back dresses. I think it's a good way to be sexy but sophisticated/elegant at the same time. I personally am not too big a fan of low cut or showing too much cleavage for a wedding dress.

Anonymous said...

I love that first dress! I am on the same page as you - although we have been together four years it feels like ten at least. Every so often the wedding bug bites me in the ass and I stalk Pinterest for days looking at all of the wedding stuff and dreaming about my wedding.

Ashley said...

totally just saved that first pic for my wedding files....BEAUTIFUL!! and you would look so spicy in them...booty booty!!

and nerdvilleusa...OMG! i have lived in my apartment two years and haven't been able to figure out the "security system" ...i use that term loosely as the system only beeps when the door opens...i believe the security in that is that it gives you time to grab a weapon...or a hair dryer...whatever!

either way...whenever you and k-dog decide to start arguing about porches...i cant' wait to fly to MA (or drive if i'm living up there...OMG) and celebrate your wedding and buy you inappropriate undies for your honeymoon!! yeahhh buddy!