PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

11.29.2011

My life be like ooo-ahhh

Okay so my life isn't really ooo-ahh, but sometimes I like to pretend it is :-)


I don't think I ever blogged about this but now I am. So in early October, Kurt and I went on a stay-cation. What's a stay-cation you ask!? Well, we got a fancy hotel room in Boston and spoke in British accents pretending we were elite and awesome!





Okay just kidding about the accent thing.  We live about 10 minutes from Boston and thought it'd be a blast to just spend a night there, no worries, go out to dinner, get a good buzz, not have to worry about driving home, ya know, the good stuff.


It was honestly just so GOOD to get away from the norm for a night. Kurt and I have this weird obsession with hotels. Literally, we always talk about hotel rooms and are constantly talking about hotel beds and hotel jacuzzis. It's sick. Especially since we both know what kind of naughty business goes on in said hotel jacuzzis. Like porn stuff right? We just pretend they were installed JUST for us ;-)


We went for dinner to one of the most AMAZING pizza places in the entire universe. Seriously. If you ever visit Boston, go there...and take me! :-)


We got serenaded from Italian men, ate delicious pizza, and got a pitcher of beer spilled on us from some Minnesota tourists!



It truly was a great night. We had no cell phone or computer distractions. And we were only 15 minutes from home in case I forgot something like my underwear or contact case. Luckily I didn't, but ya know, just in case! So if you can, try to have a stay-cation. Stay in your town, your closest city. Stay with your friends, your loved one, your family! No matter how close or how many times I go to Boston, it gets more and more beautiful each time.






Happy Tuesday and hip hip cheerio! (said in British accent)

ALSO, I'm on Hollie's blog today for a lil interview awww yeah!

Photobucket

34 comments:

brynn said...

I love this idea!!

Ashley said...

i totally stay-cationed in hilton head with my sister (only we didnt' stay in a hotel with porno jacuzzis....that might have been a little creepy). but it's totally fun to do things in your town you've never done before!

that pic of you guys jumping on the bed is still my all-time fav!

and I am obsessed with hotels too. if i was rich and famous, I'd LIVE in a hotel...with my hair and makeup gurus and my hot-lova-boy-toy Ryan Reynolds ;)

Taylor said...

This is so funny an Brandon and I do the same thing!! we have stayed in Spokane twice now and we live in the heart of Spokane...lol I refuse to do the nasty on the comforter because I eel everyone has and I am a little weirded out by bed bugs so I lay a towel down...so then what should last about 15-20 minutes lasts 45 with having to move the towel to keep my woo ha and rear end off the sheets!

I need to get my ass to boston! I have never been to the EAST COAST!! I'm DYING

Rissy said...

I want to do this! I never really take in the city in DC and think I should. I feel inspired more and more when I read the Daybook now. You totally just put me over the bar with this post.

I'm waiting until it gets warm again though... I'm spoiled.

I want to see Boston!


CarissaExplainsItAll

Carolyn said...

That sounds like so much fun! And that pizza... YUMMY! I love the MN tourists spilled beer on you. This MN tourist would NEVER do that. :)

Lindsey Leigh said...

i am obsessed with hotels too! some hotels have the most comfy beds and you always feel just so good to be away from home and not have to worry about like cleaning up or making the bed. Idk, it's just very relaxing in my opinion! My dad travels w/ his job and sometimes complains about hotels but me, i love them.

I live in Birmingham, Alabama but use to live in Mobile. I guess I had a staycation every year during Mardi Gras. We always get hotels rooms downtown on nights of the balls we are going to and the night after so we can just lay our hungover asses around all day long and not have to worry about that pesky 11 am checkout time. If you are ever in Mobile, Al the holiday inn express downtown (tall round one) is very nice and new. lol.

Samantha said...

Hahahaaaa that pic of you and the boytoy is priceless. :) You seem to have so much fun together!!

Sam
http://petitefemmejolie.blogspot.com

Lauren said...

That little staycation is awesome, always so fun to getaway even if it's closeby ;-)

Abby said...

This sounds just perfect! I want to hear your british accent! ha

choose to be happy blog said...

i LOVEeeeeee that song!!

amd im truly obsessed with a staycation. oh and you. oh and kurt. oh and your camera. oh and your jumping on the bed picture. i am especially jealous of that. its so good!

Michelle said...

Sounds amazing! I love the idea of the stay-cation! I love the pic of you and Kurt jumping on the bed! AWESOME!

XOXOX

J and A said...

Ok I love the title! And the staycation. So fun. Must do this. I also adore the photo of you two jumping on the bed!

P!nky said...

That song be my jank!!!! LOVE IT!!

Great idea for a staycation...pretty awesome christmas gift idea for that someone special too ;)!

You rock!

xoxo

Danielle said...

Such a good idea. Just goes to show you don't have to travel long distances to have a good time. Totally agree about Pizzeria Regina! Of course it could be because we waited in line, outside, in the rain, for over an hour. I'm pretty sure shoe leather would have tasted good at that point!

Petchie said...

This looks like such a good idea! Looks like you had so much fun!

xoxo
Petchie
http://itsallofthelittlethings.blogspot.com/

Rachel said...

sounds fantastic! i definitely could use one of those!! :)

Mandy@OrangeAutumn said...

I loved Boston when I've visited, it's a great city!! Sounds like the two of you had a lot of fun! And you're right, def. porn stuff in the Jacuzzi.

Hilliary Meisner said...

Saw your interview over at Hollies blog and thought I would stop over! Love your blog! My boyfriend and I used to do stay-cations when we lived in the same city! It was always jut nice to spend an evening relaxing!

Can't wait to read more your newest follower!

Lindsey said...

This is a fabulous idea and if I had man, I'd do the same thing!

Do you know that my brother has speaking in a British accent for weeks? It's actually really fun to do when you are drunk. You feel really sophisitcated.

And you're starting to piss me off with your perfect body. I guess I really need to get my ass to Zumba. FML! Why can't there be a skinny pill?

Raven said...

LOVE the song!! Totally brings me back. I had it as the song on my myspace page forever. LOVE it.

I LOVE staycations!

and let me tell you. A pizza joint with the sign in neon and "beer and wine" added at the bottom? SO my idea of a GREAT restaurant. No joke. I would take a place like that over a fancy schmancy place anyday!!



and wow, Im a veggie person but you guys like some funky pizza! No pepperoni? Canadian bacon pinneapple?

and girl you ROCK those short shorts!

Ashley said...

why have i not heard that song? l.o.v.e it!!!

ummm, can we trade bodies? gosh, your so darn cute and small! jelly ;)

i'm soooo coming to boston and we are sooo going there to chow down on some yummy pizza. sound good? okay, good :)

rkjalernpan said...

What an awesome idea! I never even thought about staying close to where I live. Thanks for sharing!!

Katie said...

What a fabulous idea. Columbus isn't that big/fun though and I've already stayed at all the hotels hahaha but I love that you 2 did this! I am obsessed with hotel rooms as well and love sleeping in the beds even though it's dirty and weird. Hilton's have comfy beds and pillows..just sayin'.

love you mamacitaaaaa

Raquel said...

My boy and I have been wanting to do the same thing for a while! If we had the money we totally would stay at a hotel just for fun!

Erin said...

Oh my goodness. This is the BEST idea and I LOVED seeing all your photos. I wish we lived near a better city but our closest big cities are Pontiac or Detroit (not places you wanna stay overnight) :) We will definitely have to find a place for a stay-cation though. I have an obsession with hotels too! I'm SO JEALOUS!

Lindsay said...

OMG that pizza looks AMAZING. Kevin and I have done this before (granted it was because he was in between homes, but whatever haha) and it was so much fun. I agree - everyone should take a stay-cation once in a while!

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

I've done that before with my hubby. We were just boyfriend and girlfriend at the time, but it is super fun! Btw, I mailed out your package today. You should get it via UPS by Friday!

SHUG IN BOOTS {Beth} said...

I love a stay-cation! We got engaged on a stay-cation, and then stayed in the same hotel the night of our wedding! :)

Alex Byer said...

Um. I'm obsessed with this. I need to do this. Even though I live...in Boston. I'm obsessed with hotels too :)

Sarah said...

I love this idea!! It is actually on my husband and I's to-do list to sight see around our city...we may just need to borrow this idea :)

Whitney @ justacountry-girl said...

I have the same obession with hotels. My sweetie and I love spending a night away in a hotel in a big ole comfy bed. Even if it is only 10 or 15 mins away. Love you photos girlfiend. Looks like you all had a great time.

Unknown said...

How much fun!!! You two are adorable:-)

... said...

Just found your sweet blog! It's so cute! :) Love the jumping on the bed pic!

Megan said...

That jumping on the bed picture is TOO awesome!! I've been wanting to have a staycation here!! I love the idea.