So this past weekend I went to the big NYC!
I'm sorry...but who in their RIGHT FRIGGEN MIND has enough money to live in New York City? Please give me your jobs...because I am envious. There is nothing I want more in this little thing called life than to live in NYC for at least one year. I want to feel the fabulousness that is Sex and the City.
Kurt and I lived life. We went to a rooftop bar in the city that overlooked the Empire State Building. We got 10 dollar beers and 20 dollar martini's and said "fuck it, it's NYC who cares!" Sorry for the orangey pics...there were heat lamps all over! Ya know, to keep the swagga warm.
Then we got into a night club illegally! Okay well we walk in, and see it's $40 EACH for cover charge. Whatever, we blame the fact that its NYC and everyone is fabulous and wiping their bums in $100 bills.
So we walk towards the ticket booth and this bouncer whispers "hey...come here." We go, and he says he can give us 2 tickets into the club for just $40. Kurt asks for him to show us the tickets and they look legit.
Meanwhile, I'm shaking in my boots thinking this is a scam and he's gonna see if we buy into it and then we are locked in fabulous jail. But nope, he lets us in for $40 and pockets the money for himself. Sneaky lil dude! But we were happy.
It was a jungle theme night and let me tell you. New Yorkers have no shame. I saw a girl in a glittery bra shaking her groove thang with her ass cheeks hanging out. DAMN GIRL
Needless to say, NYC still has my heart and I am dying to live there. I LOVE NY!
Oh and just in case you want some more fabulous-ness, I'm at one of my blog besties Sabrina's today talking about that one time I was promiscuous. Yep you heard right!





34 comments:
ah it looks like you guys had such a good time! When I went to New York for the day in June I swear I spent a couple hundred on candy and food. and taxi cabs. Mostly taxi cabs. Loved your guest post by the way, you crack me up. I had no idea reading it that one of the guys would turn out to be Curt and that you've been together ever since- that's cool! Hope you have a happy thanksgiving tomorrow!
I want to live in NYC so badly. I feel like I am destined to be the next Carrie Bradshaw -- only with less of a horse face.
http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88
What a great trip. I so badly want to go there. You looked adorable as always! :)
You just took me bad and made me miss NYC so much! I'm soo glad you and Kurty had a fabulous time and you stayed warm in yo robey robe robe. That place sounds legit! Def putting it on my list for next time we go.
Have a great thanksgiving tomorrow and text me a pic of those cookies you make! I wanna see 'em! xoxo
OMG! this looks completely and utterly fantastic fabulosity!!!
What's wrong with wiping your bum with benji's? I thought that was normal?!
BTW you got a great shot of me shaking my shit on stage. right! ;)
I LOVE NYC! It looks like you had a great time! It is really expensive in the city! Sadly, it's expensive on the island too! It's crazy! I've thought about moving away but I just can't do it. I guess NYers just make do and get by as best as they can!
We need to meet soon! xxoxoxox
ok this post has me convinced that maybe we should change our bloggy meetup to NYC?!
and i freagin love that you are drinking a mimosa and kurt has chocolate milk! awwwww :)
I LOVE NYC! My parents took me there for my 18th birthday eight years ago! I need to go back / move there, for at least a year, to (like you say) feel that fabulousness that is Sex and the Ciy. :)
Sam
http://petitefemmejolie.blogspot.com
Looks like so much fun! :) I love NYC SO MUCH! Now I want to go back. Thanks for that. HAHA
1- now that song's in my head
2- i think it's hilarious we were there at the same time
3- i'm convinced new yorkers get crazy drunk because there's no threat of DUIs with the subway and taxis
4- love the pics :)
Looks like you had a great time!! Love the pictures. I want to go to NYC soo bad!!
I can't believe you were in NYC and didn't tell me... I would have loved to meet you IRL!
Looks like you had a great, great time though!
Happy, happy Thanksgiving!
Do you know I have never once been to NYC? So so sad. But must I say you are just like a dream to me. Could you be any more precious or FUN or just like, the epitomy of what every girl wants as her best friend?
These pics are great. and Im so with you, I would LOVE to live in NYC for a while! Hey, if we all move in together, like, all of us, we could probably afford a studio apt? Maybe? Think about it?
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous! I would KILL to be in these pictures!!! I've never been to NYC, just flown over it and saw all the awesomeness from above. I am so down with Raven...let's all move to NYC and shack up in a 12x12 apartment. It will be awesome. HAHAHA. Love you so much! Can't waitttttttttt to come visit! :D
Looks like an awesome trip - love all the pictures! My girlfriend is just like you, wanting so badly to live the sex and the city life in NYC! She is hoping to make it out there in 2012 - I hope you do too! :)
Def jealous as well. What a wonderful time of year to go NYC. I've only been once and we went right after New Years. I'm dieing to go back. Love your pics, you really are quite the photographer.
Enjoy Thanksgiving!!! XOXO
Looks like an amazing trip :)
Looks like you had an amazing time in NYC! It's a great city, by far one of my favs!
Happy Thanksgiving, enjoy the time with you family and friends!
Jessie
I love the pictures. I'm so jealous! I want to go to New York so bad. I wish it wasn't so expensive to live there because I would totally hop on a plane and move right now
I want to go there so bad! I don't think I could live there because I'm a backwoods country girl, but I'd at least like to go and see!! Haha!!
So jealous of your trip! I used to go all the time when I lived in Connecticut! I miss it so much!
Hi! I follow you! I like very very much this blog! :)
if you want look my sketches! big hugh from Italy
http://nicksketches.blogspot.com/
I loooove NYC!! It's so full of life and it's just amazing. I'm so lucky that I live so close to it!
I don't get to NY to much but when I do it's always a fun time. Jess is originally from there and her parents still live in State.
Boston living is almost like living in NY. VERY expensive. During our last year of school we moved out of the city to somewhere more affordable.
Anyway very cute pics and hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving.
Kara XOXOXOXO
PS definitely head over to see what you wrote on your besties blog ;)
oooh how fun. I've never been, but I can imagine it's pretty fabulous. I could never afford it either though, boooo!
Looks like SO much fun! I've never been to NYC before but I've heard it's SUPA expensive. I think I'll stay in TX where my dollar stretches further. ;) Not to mention-me plus cold weather equals bitching.
Love your outfit with the brown boots!!! AAAAnd the pic of you on the rock too! Oh wait-i just love you!!!
Happy Thanksgiving doll face!! xoxo
Hii! New blogger/follower here. Love this post!
I'm from NY, so I'll tell you how NYers do it:
-graduate college and move home for 3 years while every other person in every other city is getting an apartment in their respective city
-take the past 3 years of savings and move into the city in a 3 bedroom (that's very small for a 3 bdrm), make it a 4 bedroom.
-After a year, realize that you can't really afford Manhattan (even with 4 ppl living in the 3 bedroom) and move to Brooklyn, Queens, or the areas of Jersey that are super close (Hoboken, Jersey City) which are also incredibly expensive now...
Some people forgo food, etc..
Sounds lovely, right?
I'm traveling in the Southeast for work and not planning on moving into Manhattan when I get back..
Is the rooftop bar you went to 230 Fifth?
Also, TIP-if you ever go back to NY w girls (won't work as a couple, unfortunately), meet a promoter. You can get into any nightclub in the meatpacking district for free w/ free drinks (and sometimes food!) and table service just because you are a girl with girls. Rich business men will see girls and pay thousands of $$ to get in and get table service, so it all works out for the club (and the girls-poor business men). I don't go out a ton, but if I do, this is the way to go!
Chelsea
tastybliss.blogspot.com
Giiirl, I've lived there for the past 4 years...moved there slaving away for $24K a year (HORRIBLE!). You learn to make due, sometimes by allowing creepy guys who might be in the mafia to buy you $20 drinks, but it's definitely fun! And glad you had a great trip!! (Keep in mind though that when you do live there, especially in the winter, plenty of nights are spent being a total bum at home watching crap TV. And it is amazing then too. So never feel guilty about wanting to do that!)
you are so darn cute. i want to play in NYC with you!!!! oh how i love it. and oh how expensive it is!!! i heard blogland is much like nyc and everything costs a dollar...........fact.
ps i wanted to be comment #30, stone and i went up there one year to stay with a girl we knew, she paid like $4,000 a MONTH for a TEENY TINY APT. insane in the membrane
Love this post and NYC. Way to go getting in for cheap, was it fun? I've never been to NYC over 21, obv I need to go back and check out the night life!!
so for reals bout the dough! :/
but, being a frequent visitor of Atlanta... I'm totally aware of the fact that I would HATE driving around a city all frickin day. Pissy drivers are hella annoying!
xoxo
Ashley Marie
chickadette.blogspot
This makes me wish I was in New York! Looks/sounds like so much fun!!
What a fun trip!!! I am so obsessed with NYC and am also DYING to live there...just for a bit. Maybe we can all save up and split the cost of a tiny little place!
Post a Comment