PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

11.25.2013

My Big Fat Disney World Recap!

Here I am, better late than never, with my Disney World recap! I can't tell you how many people welcomed us home with the question "did you get engaged?" It must have been set in their mind that Kurt would propose to me on Main Street...or in front of the Tree of Life...or in front of the Epcot ball....or while we dropped 13 stories on the Tower of Terror. Engagement or not, we had THE best 10 days in the entire world!

Don't worry, I won't go day by day of what we did...everyone likes more pictures anyway, right! But honestly...Disney World is SO beautiful this time of year because the parks all decorate for Christmas!














We went to Disney from November 7th to the 16th, and as you know, ran our half marathon on November 9th! We talked about whether we wanted to do our race at the beginning or at the end of our trip. It took about .02 seconds to decide we didn't want to stress over it the whole week so we did it first! I am so glad we did.

For the first three days of our trip, we stayed at Disney's Caribbean Beach Hotel which is a very nice resort that we've stayed in before. However our ideal location when we go to Disney is the Epcot resorts (yacht/beach club and Boardwalk) because you can walk or take a boat to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Primo! But because the Caribbean Beach was a race host resort, we stayed there to ensure transportation to the race! After our three nights there, we actually moved to the Boardwalk Hotel right by Epcot and Hollywood Studios! It is a beautiful place, don't you think? :-)







Our first few days of Disney we actually spent with Kurt's older sister Janine who was down there at the same time as us which was a lot of fun! We spent some of the days at the parks with her and went to some dinners together!




I think you all know how much Kurt and I love Disney World. He grew up going there, I grew up going there and it just makes us so happy. The planning, the parks, the rides, the magic, the food--it's absolutely magical! I always try and convince people, especially adults, that it is as just as fun for adults to go as it is for kids. We always go crazy when we go to Disney. We save up for months so we eat at  as many different restaurants as we can, buy things and just let loose! Disney just makes us feel 7 years old again.

I'd also like to tell you all that this particular trip, we met a LOT of characters :-) Kurt was SOO excited about this let me tell you! Let's take a look, shall we?! Every Minnie loved Kurt, by the way.











Oh how I LOVE meeting characters! It seriously is a blast....they are SO funny! Especially when you think about the people playing them and how they must feel. I saw a little boy try to rip off poor Mickey's nose and a little girl try to grab Pluto's ear. hahaha!! It's also amazing how in character the real life characters are (not the costumed ones). The princesses talk just like they do in the movies, and Gaston...ohhh he was absolutely hilarious!

We went to all four parks, multuple times, and even took a teeeeensy trip to Universal Studios while we were there because, why not?! I can never decide which park I love the best, as I love them all, but if I had to choose, the Magic Kingdom---I mean, that's what everyone thinks of when they think Disney World!











I could go on and on about Disney, y'all know that right?! :-) I do wanna save one last piece for later this week, which is Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party! Let me just say, it snows on Main Street. IT SNOWS! :-)

Photobucket

11 comments:

Kristin said...

There are no words for how jealous this makes me! I want to go to Disney SO BAD!!!!!!!!! Jason has NEVER been!

Pamela said...

Ahh, fun, fun, fun!!!!

Brittany said...

Looks like a very fun time. I have never been to disney and I will admit that I thought I was too old now and had to wait for kids but you have convinced me that is not true.

Alyssa said...

I miss Disney so much! I went every year when I was little but haven't been back since college. Your pictures are making me want to go back!!

Erin said...

So good. So freaking good. Those LIGHTS, those minions, your gosh darn legs. I want all of the above. Plus a ring on that finger.

Kate at Green Fashionista said...

Looks like an amazing trip :)

Sometimes I wish we didn't leave here so that we could experience it like everyone else by staying at the resorts. Driving down to go to a park on the weekend just isn't the same.

Katie said...

LOVE!!!! 10 days. I can only imagine the fun had. :) I did wonder about the engagement too..add me to that list hahaha love you guys!

Unknown said...

Oh the wonderful world of disney. I never tire of seeing photos of it after visiting earlier this year! I dont know what id do if I actually lived in America and could visit regularly! :) xx

Unknown said...

We are thinking about going to Florida for our summer vacation this year and I cannot wait because my brother in laws partners family has worked at Disney all their lives and we get to go to the parks for free (: love your recap

Brianna said...

ahhhh so fun! I'm so jealous of your trip! I've only been once and am dyingggg to get back!
I mean, I live in California so I go to Disneyland all the time but disney WORLD is so so amazing!
those minions!!! I die!!
p.s. hello rockin legs! maybe I should start running marathons or somethin ;)

Lauren said...

Disney during the holidays is sooo much fun!!! Magic Kingdom has always been my favorite too or Epcot, hmm.