Have you ever started doing something and suddenly think holy eff I am a crazy lunatic?
Like that time I sky dived with Lil Wayne?!
Actually that never happened but would you die if I told you it really did happen?
But what REALLY happened, was Kurt and I hiking a mountain in the snow.
I consider myself “semi-outdoorsy.” I like to ski, hike, be outside. Don’t be fooled. I don’t spend weeks at a time living in a tent eating dried food, braiding my overgrown leg hair or making animal noises. But I like the great outdoors.
This past weekend, Kurt and I ventured up to the White Mountains in New Hampshire. It’s about a 3 hour drive North from Boston, but let me tell you it’s 1000% worth the drive. Our plan was to hike halfway up Mount Washington to Tuckerman’s Ravine. Mount Washington is the highest peak in the Northeast. We hiked to the summit 2 years ago in September and it was a total trip up and down of about 8 hours. Can you say leg pains? Can you also say bitchy temper tantrum throwing girlfriends?
But since we went early November, we were only able to hike to Tuckerman’s Ravine because it was snowing and icing and there was no way in HELL I was going to hike to the top.
Halfway up as it started to blizzard, I had to laugh and ask myself why we were crazy mother effers hiking a mountain in the snow. Then I think I stomped my feet and said I wasn't hiking any further. But then I remember I did it once before for a news article I wrote for a newspaper. Literally you guys, there were maybe 10 hikers that day, but it was worth every second!!
At the mountain welcome center down bottom I came across these bad boys. OH MY GOD. Who knew?? The gingerbread was my favorite one…I highly suggest it! I felt so mountainy eating it. What?
Have you hiked in the winter before?
Stay tuned for our Boston Blate part dos tomorrow!







9 comments:
That looks like an awesome hike! Gorgeous pictures (: Glad to hear you had such an awesome time, even if it wasn't skydiving with Lil Wayne haha!
yikes! i could never do that - more power to ya sista! I don't do cold well.. but at least you got some beautiful pictures!
Looks like fun!! :) And those Clif bars... OMG! YUMMY! I need to try those.
I've only hiked in the summer before but I enjoyed it. I winter hike looks like a lot of fun...I want to give it a try sometime!
How beautiful!!! Can you pretty, pretty please braid your leg hair? PLEASE.
I cannot believe you guys did this!!! Congrats to you both..i would have been like uhh you go have fun hiking I am going to stay at the bottom and drink in the car with the heater on.
Awesome accomplishment! and I would love to hear these animal noises!
Oh my gosh, that looks like so much fun! I'd totally be up for that, but I'm with you, when the blizzard begins, this girl is going back down!! ;)
I haven't seen those CLIF bars here in Richmond. Where are they hiding those?!? Must. Find. Them.
Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings
Omg that first picture is hysterical. The ones of you holding the pine needles are AWESOME! Sweet photo taking skills. Have you had the peppermint clif bar? Its my faaaaaaaaaavorite.
Your explanation of explaining your love for the wilderness KILLS me. so hysterical! I miss you! This is something me and Billy would love to do...looks so pretty!
Post a Comment