How cute is this Mickey candle holder we bought in Disney!
How cute is the stuff I didn't move in the background to make this a nicer pic?
There are weekends I want to go absolutely nuts and Pinterest the shit out of our apartment.
I'm talking taking advantage of the small apartment space, adding a fall decoration here, color code my closet, all while baking homemade brownies and planning my week's meals.
That. Never. Happens.
Mainly because weekends are when we try to relax.
And also because that scenario sounds pretty damn boring.
Kurt and I had a discussion about relaxation. Actually, we were eating at the restaurant in Nordstroms and it was more of Kurt telling me I don't know how to relax. I'm face planting into my sandwich when Kurt's all:
"Your idea of relaxation is building a house."
Oh no he di'int.
Speaking of building, he also told me I should think twice about ever volunteering for habitat for humanity because it took me about 2 minutes to hammer ONE tiny nail into the monstrous item we bought at IKEA this weekend.
It was so big it acted as a divider
Speaking of IKEA, can I tell you the horrific thoughts that go through my head when I walk through that place? Let's not forget the fact that we took Kurt's car to IKEA, got there, and realized we needed my SUV to lug this thing home.
The relaxation conversation stemmed from a conversation about honeymoons. We talked about places we'd like to go. After rattling places off I could never picture myself getting to on a plane, we collectively decided somewhere tropical, beachy, and a place we could just have fun. That's when Kurt told me I can't relax and just BE.
I'm a do-er! I'll be watching TV and think OH! Let me paint my nails! Let me stalk Facebook! Let me knit this quilt! (kidding). I just enjoy getting things done during down time, ya dig?
Are you a relaxer?
Happy Monday loves!






7 comments:
I am kind of like you--I usually have a hard time relaxing and just chilling out (am always thinking of what I should be doing!!!!). We went to an all-inclusive in Mexico last fall though and I was able to relax thoroughly :) I think a big part of it was the fact that there were free-flowing-frozen beverages being served to me and also the fact that I disconnected from work...no emails, phone calls, etc :)
I'm a do-er too!! :) That's why Maui was a great place to go for a honeymoon! Tropical, but lots to see and do! That's my suggestion!!! :) :) :)
i dont know how to relax either; i can't just lay in bed; i mean i can but i have to be doing something else..always something else
I am the same way!!
I can always. ALWAYS. think of a million things to do!! Austin could just lay there and I guess relax. WEIRD. boyZ are WeIrD!
ahhhhh we need to get together to practice relaxing!! I am so horrible at it! my "naps" are like 15 minutes and I can never just watch tv!!
i love the way you write E! this post has made me decide you really need to write a book....since you don't relax anyway you'll have the time ;)
I am just like you my love and Andrew is just like Kurt! I swear my mind is just always GO GO GO and the word RELAX is never in my vocabulary. EVER. I love you so much Errrrcaaa and I can't believe I will be running into your arms bay watch style in ONE month. ONE MONTH FROM TODAY!!!! WHOLY HELL! :D
I'm the same way! I have such a hard time relaxing since I need to be constantly doing something!
Post a Comment