PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

5.14.2012

I made cake pops without throwing a tantrum

A few weeks ago my friend Cristina told me her department at work was doing a bake-off. She told me that if I didn't come up with an award-winning idea, she would disown me as a friend.

Okay so not that extreme, but I obliged and started to give her some ideas. Cupcakes...cookies...cute little cakes...anything. Then she brought up cake pops and I drop kicked her.

As awesome and delicious and amazingly adorable cake pops are, they are a BITCH to make. And I don't give a crap what anyone says...cake pop photos are photoshopped. There is no way you can perfectly roll a ball of cake into pretty melted chocolate and shoving it onto a lollipop stick without frustratingly whipping it into kingdom come. I have a love/hate relationship with cake pops but continue to make them because they just come out so adorable (though nowhere near 100% perfect)

We chose something semi-easy but soooo fun! And I swear these are not photoshopped! (I can't use photoshop haha)




Like how adorable are these!! These are from www.Bakerella.com. You pretty much follow the recipe for basic cake pops, and plop them onto a sugar cone that you have cut to make it mini!

We had a blast making them and I'm happy to say there were no meltdowns from me. Yes, I've threw a temper tantrum making cake pops. I threw balls in the trash...dropped sprinkles everywhere...dumped an entire container of chocolate on Kurt's head (just kidding...but I wanted to!)

AND! She won the competition!! So all in all, we made a good team in making these.

Happy Monday! :-)

Photobucket

23 comments:

Katie said...

These are so stinkin cute!!! I love them E! Great idea and job : ) I wouldn't hate it if you brought some of these next weekend...just saying. They are totes adorbs ;)


oxoxoxxo

Pamela said...

They look SOO good!!

jes @ twosmuppies said...

what the crap! these look amazing.
i want them. NOW.

JMB said...

These are adorable and I love how aggravated by making them you sounded bahahaha but HEY! They look cuuuh-yute!! Better than anything I could ever make!!

Christina said...

omg these are the cutest things!! and i love your title. i love tantrums. haha

Hilary said...

Aw, great job! They are super cute and very photogenic ;)

arianapia said...

ah-maze-ing! seriously, can i have one?

Shayna @ The Fancy Yancey said...

These turned out sooo cute! Great job!!!

J and A said...

Those are amazing!!! OMG! Wow. Impressive.

Melissa said...

Those are adorable!

Lauren said...

Those are so cute, what a great job ;-)

Jamie said...

Those are so freaking cute.

Carolyn said...

Dude! Those are SO CUTE! Love them! :) I tried to make cake pops once, and I don't know that I will ever try again. It was a horrible experience and there was swearing and yelling and then I ate 6 of them and threw the rest away. HAHA :)

Mel (Northern Lights) said...

OMG, how cute! I need to make these. I have Bakerella's Cake Pop book and say I want to make these everytime!

Ashley said...

no tantrums?! haha SO proud of you muffin! These are awesome and WAY more cooking than I would ever attempt!

man colds and cake pops - you are really taking on the world this month!

MUAH! love you!!

Unknown said...

Those are so cute! I've completely given up on trying to make cake pops and I just stick to cake balls instead. But these look doable...I might have to give them a try!

Simply Splendid LOVE said...

omg these look fabulous! well done girl! i'd eat all those in one sitting if i could!

Ashley said...

ummmmm, hello betty crocker! haha.

sooo, you should totally make me some for the bridal shower i have to throw in two weeks ;) kidding!

super cute, erica! you got some skills, girlfran!!

Brittany said...

Those look so fun! I love them. and you did a great job on them.

Unknown said...

these are adorable! i bet they're delicious


raspberrykitsch.blogspot.co.uk

xx

Sarah @ Simply Sarah said...

Those look so cute!! I might have to try to make those!

Hope you have a great week!

Carly Ann said...

agreed... cake pops are BULLSHIT! I get too lazy and just do cake balls. but I still don't have the patience to do a whole batch. Those are really cute though!

Heather Marie said...

These are SO cute!!