PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

7.18.2014

Duck Tour or....Suck Tour: Playing tourist in your own city

Tomorrow I'm doing something I've never done before, but should have. In my 25 years I've lived in the Boston area, I've never once done a duck tour! Can you believe that? I was actually chatting with a friend the other day about it and my phone kept autocorrecting it to "Suck Tour." Can you imagine what that would entail? Lots of....sucking....lollipops?

If you don't know what a duck tour is, it's basically a big car / bus that drives around giving a tour of Boston and THEN, it drives into the water and gives a tour of the city via the Charles River! Sorry; Chahles Rivah!! All the while, you're quacking and quacking and quacking and to be honest, people who live here get quite annoyed by it!! ;-) However, it's one of those things you just have to do, and I'm finally doing it tomorrow.


It's kind of fun playing tourist in your own city. I really need to do it more often whether it be exploring a new area, trying a new restaurant, walking through Boston alone just meeting new people. The best thing about Boston is it's a walking city. If you've never been here before, you can do all the major things in one day. And if you do live here, well, you can get from one end of the city to the other in one day and stop for drinks, sights, shopping and a duck tour! ;-)

My friend Liz.... her two good friends from college are visiting Boston for the weekend and I can't wait, as I really enjoy hanging out with them! We are headed to this really cool bar Saturday night called Howl at the Moon; it's basically a dueling piano bar! By the end of the night, you really are howling at the moon (drunk).


I frequent this place a lot with my co-workers and I've requested everything from N*Sync to Pitbull to Dr Dre to Weezy. They really play EVERYTHING imaginable. Except I've requested Bandz a Make Her Dance on multiple occasions and still have yet to hear it...

And because it's Friday and I haven't backed my ass up in some time now, I suppose I should! I have been recently jamming the F out to this song and I can't stop. I also can't help it because it's Lil Wayne, and we all know how I feel about that sexy swagalicious piece of meat. I may just request him tomorrow night. Actually I know I totally will!

What are you up to this weekend?
Have you done a duck tour before?

Photobucket

8 comments:

Carolyn said...

I love playing "tourist" in our town... but I'd rather play tourist in your town! HAHAHAHA :) Have fun on your duck tour!

The Southern Thing said...

I've done the Duck Tour and the Super Duck Tour and I think the regular Duck Tour was way better! You'll enjoy it- the views from the Rivah make it worth it ;)

Ginny said...

I did the Duck Tour for the first time a few years ago and It was pretty fun.

Howl at the Moon is great but I never go because of the wait and the crowds. I love that they will play ANYTHING.

Kenzie Smith said...

We have duck tours up in Seattle and I have always wanted to go on one.. but the quacking would drive me, well, quackers. Ha ha, I'm so punny!

K said...

I've never been on the duck tour either. I think I was sick for that field trip in school. Same with the Big Apple Circus, which I think everyone and their mother has been to in this state but me!

Kelly said...

I did a Boston duck tour when I was six and I have terrific memories of it - so fun!

xx Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

Mallory said...

Looks like lots of fun! I should probably take the time to play tourist in Chicago one of these days;)

Happy Friday from your newest follower!

IPO Wala said...

Nice article. Thank you for sharing the article.

Regards
IPO GMP