Sometimes though, I'll be on an "alone day" and feel guilty. Hmm, I could have said yes to drinks with a friend or hmm I could be going out to dinner with my family. But as I walk into a mall and come out with 10 bags or take a drive by the ocean while blaring music, it snaps me back into reality, making me realize I needed it!
I stumbled upon an article the other day about "24 dates to take yourself on" and frankly, I don't see anything wrong with that! Two of my favorites that I definitely would enjoy doing some day:
The indoor all-nighter date.
See what happens when you stay home and don’t sleep. Maybe you’ll end up
creating something brilliant, maybe you’ll binge watch an entire TV series on HBOGO — who knows? We’re often surprised by what happens when it’s just our thoughts and us.
Coffee shop fun.
You can take a book or your trusty laptop as a companion, but make sure to
order a large version of your favorite drink and perhaps a snack, then stay a while.
Don’t leave until you can smell coffee beans within the fabric of your clothing.
Might I add that me + binge watching an entire TV series = pure happiness. I won't tell you how long it took me to catch up on 3 Walking Dead seasons starting from season 1 (ahem...a little over 1.5 weeks).
Have you ever had an alone day? What did you do?








9 comments:
I love having my alone time!
I love this!! I always feel guilty for liking the times when I'm alone...I'm actually a huge fan of seeing movies alone!! Not so much eating alone - that one still scares me!! Thanks for sharing!
I definitely need to take the time to do this! Especially now that I always have my sidekick Weston with me! HAHAHA
I am going to have to check out that article - I haven't had time to myself in forever. The joys of being a mom, ha ha! I know I could use a few me only dates :D
I absolutely adore my alone time. It's something that I crave and need honestly. I haven't had one of those dates in a long time though, it's way overdue!
My alone days are golden. It usually involves Barnes and Noble (with coffee), World Market, Panera and a manicure :)
Oh yes! Shopping is definitely a good one for me!!! Or just binge TV watching!
In the least weird way possible. I actually prefer to be alone most of the time. Writing, shopping, watching netflix. Good for the soul if you ask me!
I LOVE some alone time!
Post a Comment