Anyway, after lunch they were going to go get a manicure. My sister was heading to dinner that weekend with her boyfriend to celebrate 3 years together, and my mom said to me "Jeff told Lauren to get her nails done before dinner."
Little sissy and her boo
My sister Lauren, though 16 months younger than me with 4 years less time with her boyfriend than I, is about 10 million steps ahead of me in life. I don't like to compare myself with other relationships, but i feel like i am on the fast track to no children, no ring, no wedding. Okay maybe I'm dramatic.
Lauren and her boyfriend are currently in the process of building their first house. Her boyfriend Jeff is a big time hunter, so they got about 29 acres of land in Rhode Island that he's also able to use as a simultaneous hunting ground. Poor Bambi :-(
DA LAND!
some of it….
Look at those baby blues!
Anyway, I just felt like spewing this out to get it off my chest!
I am excited to see the house building process
And see the amount of animal heads that will be creepin' from the walls









12 comments:
Oh my! I would feel the same way! Your time will come - how many times have you heard that! Our friends dated 10 years and just got engaged. We were all like what the hell is going on. It'll happen - Kurt is going to do it big and hopefully soon!
Hey girl!
It's def hard NOT to compare yourself to your sister but you have to think about what you want and what makes you happy. I'm in between my single and married w/ kids friends as well as renting vs. all my friends who own.
There is always this idea that the grass is greener on the other side but it's more that people don't share their daily battles. People forget the stress that planning a wedding brings when you're engaged --it adds to even the most perfect relationship. Some people are building that home, or in our case, our friends are buying massive homes and we're still renting.. Personally, I don't think I'm ready for being responsible for entire home plus work, other obligations and what not.
Hope this helps. Keep your head up!
It's hard not to compare yourself to others, but remember comparison is the thief of joy.
I feel like I understand you though, because my husband and I are living in the same one bedroom apartment, renting, while other people are buying homes and getting prego. But you know what, I'm glad I don't have the stress of a mortgage or a baby. EEK!
I can't wait to celebrate you and Kurty when it's your time :)
I feel your pain. My best friend is engaged and has a place with her fiance and they have been together for less than half the time of me and my bf. It was so incredibly hard for me. I wrote about it some here http://brittanymorgan52.blogspot.com/2014/01/ring-envy.html
Not even lying when I feel way behind in the marriage/growing up part I think of you guys :) I know you want to be engaged but it always reminds that it is a okay to not be and I can still be happy and enjoy life.
I went through this when I was ready for the next step and nothing was happening. It seemed like everyone and their mother was moving forward while I was at a stand still. I used to get so frustrated and just cry every time I saw someone got engaged (I know, ugly behavior, but I couldn't help it). BUT I didn't want to push him until he was ready. I knew we had the same goals in mind, but he just needed to decide he was going to do it on his own. It was frustrating.
Have you talked to Kurt about this? About what you want in your life and a timeline? Making sure you both want the same things? I was getting to the point where we had been together long enough that he either wanted to marry me or he didn't. I gave myself a timeline until I REALLY stressed that we needed to shit or get off the pot, and thankfully it didn't get to that. But, you can't wait around forever. No matter how much you love him.
Like a porcupine haha. Here's the thing, my offing BROTHER is ahead of my in life. My brother who hasn't had his shit together, well, at all up until now when he just went to boot camp. He's been with his gf for years and talks about rings and babies and I'm like yeah huh? And I get sad thinking he'll have the first grand baby before me :(
This is tough! I try not to compare as well, but as girls I think it's hard for us NOT to do it sometimes. Keep hanging in there girl. Our time is coming ;)
If I've just been with Verner for almost 3 years and am ALREADY getting annoyed with the "So when are you guys getting married?!?!?!" questions, I can't imagine how you feel. What do you usually tell people when they ask that??
xoxoxo
Mish
This is why I always say I'm glad I have a brother close to my age and not a sister. I would have the same reaction.
I have to agree with what "K" said above!! Have you talked to Kurt about your feelings..not just hints, but getting it all out there?
I know my husband and I were together for close to six years before he proposed. I wasn't antsy about it - but everyone else around me was! LOL. It'll all happen when it is supposed to. As cheesy as it sounds, it'll all sounds, I believe there is a time for everything. In the meantime, embrace the dating life with Kurt! You guys seems to have so much fun together!!!
B-
can i just tell you I am so relieved you make guests sleep on airmatreses. when katie and billy stayed at our house for 2 nights, in our tiny ass apt, they slept on the air matress in our living room...no room to walk, you gotta climb over the damn couch with the matress there...I felt awful, but she assured me it was fine. Yay for apt living #not! ;)
I'm so happy I decided to visit your blog today and read this post. I'll be with my man-friend 7 years come this October. I have got a serious case of "what am I doing with my life!??!?" going on. I definitely find myself feeling so frustrated that I still have a boyfriend vs a husband. It is so hard to not compare yourself to other people in relationships, especially when they are younger and/or have been together not quite as long as you. It was also helpful reading the comments from other bloggers on here in response to your post!! Sometimes we really just need to sit back and be happy with what we have and not worry about the other stuff. Really puts a damper on our current situation if all we do is feel a little down about it. Our time will come, girl!!
Sam
Post a Comment