Can I tell you guys a secret? Promise you won't laugh, even though I can't stop laughing while I type this.
In 8th grade, I got an 11 on a math test. That's right...an 11 out of 100. An 11 as in, I probably only got points for my name and maybe half a question. It's no surprise that I kind of suck at math.
Yesterday one of my best friends Liz posted something on my Facebook wall about how adults fail a 5th grade math test. Liz and I were both equally bad in math. She got a 4 on a math test, so you know, we are just meant to be friends. We used to sit next to each other in math and rather than pay attention like we should have, we did things such as see who could write the smallest or we'd write out entire songs from the Broadway musical, Wicked or we'd just pass notes to each other.
She posted the article and I took one look at the first question of the test below and had a panic attack; as did Liz. One thing about me and math is that fractions were a no no. I just don't have the math brain!
It's kind of funny to think about. We go through 12+ years of math, and if we don't work with something involving math, how often do we really use it? Sure, we need to add things, figure out tips in restaurants and once in a while need to humor ourselves and figure out if Sally has 5 apples and Billy has 8, how many does the damn dog spot have. I'm happy I have a job where I can just trust excel to figure things out for me.
Are you good at math? Would you pass that test?!
Or better yet...have you gotten an 11 on a test ;-)








13 comments:
It is weird that they make such a big deal about math when it has so few practical uses.
I wasn't a huge fan of math, but it definitely depended on the class. Algebra, forget it. Geometry wasn't so bad, but then again I pretended to fail the first half so I cute guy could tutor me. Miraculously I got an A & B in the second half (he sucked a tutoring) but we ended up dating for 3 years. I call that win win.
Good gosh I hated math, it was seriously the DEVIL!!!
I am a math wiz kid!:)
1)1 1/30
2)11 3/10
3)5 1/20
4)6561.2115
haha I suck at math!!! I have 7th, 5th, & 3rd graders at home and I have to have the younger ones ask the oldest one for help! I look at the problem and its like your ecard...I see jibber!! lol
Me and fractions don't mix either. I looked at the first question and thought "nope".
Ps I've gotten a similar low score on a math test...
i feel ya honey. i'd have sex w/ spanish.
Haha absolutely love it - you forgot the part where we'd spend hours plugging all of our formulas into our stupid calculators and STILL fail. Mr. Marshall FTW!
I think your problem was the two of you sat next to each other....nobody to "double check" your work with on tests. ;-)
Haha love this! I always did well at math until they started adding letters and crap into the mix. Once I hit geometry and advanced algebra.. nevermind trig.. I was toast.
I think I scored a 15 on a test in college for my statistics class, but ended up passing because of the beautiful curve. Everyone failed that test miserably so we all ended up passing *phew*
Yeah I'm with you here! I always HATED math yet they continued to tell me that I was "advanced" which makes me fear for the rest of my peers! Math smath!
I think I got a crazy 22 or something in college on a math test, I am sooo awful in it lol luckily now I have quick books to do math for me at my job :-)
I got the first three but messed up somewhere in my math on the fourth one ha ha! I was always pretty good at math, at least when I turned in my homework and didn't sleep through the class ;D
Post a Comment