I don't normally like to admit when I have a FWP moment because I think it sounds bad, but this one.....oh this one...I just need to share.
This year for New Years Eve we have a big group of us driving down to Connecticut to Mohegan Sun, which is a big ass Casino with tons of restaurant, bars and night clubs. I usually start assessing my New Years Eve outfit in say, November...just to be safe :-)
I bought this dress and checked my mail every single day until it finally came! I tried it on and it was as if I was auditioning for a porn. The dress fit everywhere perfectly except for one minor detail-my cheeks were poppin' out like they had their own zip code.
The model was 2 inches taller than me, so I convinced myself the next size up would be perfect. I returned the dress and waited for the same dress in the next size. Monday I received the new one...new size...but different color. I slipped it on and turned around to look in the mirror. The middle was too big, the chest was too big, and to make matters worse, it was still the SAME LENGTH! My bootay was still showing if I moved the slightest. What gives!
Now that NYE is just a few weeks away, I'm struggling to find something! I'm also struggling to understand why I dedicated an entire blog post to this. Years down the road when I'm trying to hold a bottle up to one kid while getting another kid ready for school, I'll read this post and call myself an idiot and say "you should have just went to Forever 21."
To end on a completely random note, much to my surprise, my zumba class just start to learn how to "split twerk" (seen below) and I have to admit, it's hard...and painful if you catch my drift!









14 comments:
You did that dance in Zumba?! I've gotta get into your class!
Ummmmmm that is way more advanced then my zumba class....eeek!
I say, you're young your hot wear the smaller version but with super cute boy shorts, so they are like bloomers!
ROCK IT SISTAH!
I ordered a trial dress for our bridemaid dresses from a website and they were horrible. Baggy in the top, too short and basically looked like a light blue toga! I was so mad plus they were coming from England and it was at the same time as the royal wedding. Took a month and a half to get here and now they are still hanging in my closet. I need to get rid of them! Bridesmaids ended up wearing classy dresses from Delias!
Wait... Your Zumba class is working on that?!
Please tell me where this Zumba class is at! I need to learn some moves.
You're going to have an amazing time at Mohegan! I rang in 2010 there and also had my bachelorette party there before moving to Florida :)
I love picking out a NYE dress. Too bad that one didn't fit right it's adorable!
Try rent the runway!!! I saw today they have a NYE special rental sale - order by Christmas and you get the dress from 12/27 to 1/2 and prices start at $20.14. I just told Kevin today that I wished we were doing something fancy so I could rent one. So I think you should get one and I can love vicariously through you! Hah!
Errr... Live. Not love.
hahaha i loooove you. you are the cutest. and tiniest and BOO that stupid dress not fitting!!! my first world problem is our Christmas card, first year wanting to send them out, ordered from minted, finally got it and its sooo grainy and blah!!!!
anyways, if all else fails - go to urban outfitters, but this dress. its black, it hugs every curve and you would look amaze in it. i bought it as my just incase i can't find anything better NYE dress :)
http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=29395035&parentid=W_APP_DRESSES
see you friday!!!!! xoxoxo
like your cheeks had their own zip code...hahahahaha
girl if annnnnybody can split twerk....I know it's you!
I had that same problem with my Halloween costume! Models are always, always taller than me (I'm 5'1" ha ha) so I figured it would fit perfect.. it was way to short on me. I couldn't bend over at all without showing my goods. Bummer that you are having trouble finding one that fits right. I really want to get a cute New Years dress but we are probably staying home.
Ha ha I had a Halloween costume like this one year as a pirate. Everyone called me pirate booty. What a cute dress though! I love anything that sparkles.
Post a Comment